AutoEntry

Write a Review!
Eliminate manual data entry from accounting.

4.3/5

Terry
Terry
  • Industry: Accounting

Was there another way before Autoentry? Goodbye manual input!

Reviewed on 26/04/2017

Pros

An intuitive product that delivers what is says - sales invoices, purchase invoices and bank statements seamlessly delivered into the accounting product (Quickbooks Online) in super fast time.
The access rights are very flexible meaning we can work with clients who we also set up to use it and the recently added App makes it even easier for them.
Its 'Pay As You Go' pricing structure is extremely attractive, with every useage credit available across all clients so there is never money wasted on unused capacity - unlike other similar products.
Efficient, inexpensive, consistent and reliable, all backed by great support - I wonder how I managed without it.

Cons

None at all.
... but I did have to invest in a better scanner to cope with the volume I am now putting through Autoentry!

• Industry: Accounting

Good pricing structure and features, but could do with more development

Reviewed on 5/08/2017

Pros

The pricing structure for AutoEntry is spot on in terms of paying what you use and carrying over of credits.

AutoEntry copes very well with bulk invoices and has a good range of 'rules' to code the transactions. Once rules are set up, they are applied to the inbox instantly, so mass processing for bulk invoices is very efficient.

AutoEntry copes with complex tax summaries and foreign currency quite well.

Another unique feature, as compared to Receipt Bank, is the ability to process sales invoices. Some of our clients use 3rd party software to raise invoices, which does not integrate with the accounting software, so AutoEntry provides a cost-efficient 'bridge' between the two.

Bank statement processing is unique and quite quick, but does require good resolution scans. The ability to import digitised bank statements directly into the accounting software (we use Xero) is excellent.

Cons

We have had some issues with the app, where receipts go 'pending' and never make it to the software. Because of the bugs in the app and the client experience, we stopped using AutoEntry for some clients, but it remains the software of choice for internal processing. The functionality of the app is very limited - there is no editing or leaving notes, it is simply view and publish.

OCR technology is not as powerful as, for example, Receipt Bank, so some supplier details are not picked out accurately.

The support team are sometimes slow to respond (sometimes in excess of 72 hours) and some of our issues didn't get a satisfactory resolution.

Ken

Time saving promisses, time wasting results

Reviewed on 17/08/2022

I have been using AutoEntry for over 2 years hoping that the longer I used it the easier it would be to use. This is not the case. It is a rare occurrence when I can go through a short stack of processed invoices without having to open up support chat and request help or a complete reprocessing of a document. Correcting small discrepancies is a clunky process that requires moving your hands back and forth from the keyboard to the mouse several times for each line. Occasionally a document is so poorly processed that the data is fabricated to manipulate the numbers and force a balanced transaction. It would seem that documents are run through OCR with human assistance. For what ever reason this combination produces a grab bag of unpredictable results and it seems to be getting worse over the last few months. I was hoping AutoEntry would save me time but I it has done exactly the opposite.

Pros

Once I correct the regular invoice inaccuracies in the user interface AutoEntry exports to QuickBooks Online well. Product mapping is easy when it works.

Cons

About 2 out of 3 invoices with line items processed have some level of inaccuracy. There is an "automatically post" option that I would NEVER turn on if you care about having accurate data, cost centers, or inventory.

Anoop
Anoop
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Just a highly recommended efficent add on, an easy, quick & reliable win

Reviewed on 26/04/2017

Pros

Literally does everything - Bank Statements, Sales Invoices & Purchase Invoices.
The credit system is credit for accountants and they rollover on unused credits
Now has a phone app mean it can be used for every function
Picks up individual line and descriptions from invoices is brilliant.
Good customer support form
Multi-currency function works
Works on QBO, Xero and Sage Desktop!

Cons

Expenses module not fantastic - would use Expensify for this all day long
Uses quite a lot of credits fro scanning bank statements

Martin
Martin
  • Used for 2+ years

AutoEntry Support

Reviewed on 9/07/2020

Overall all good.

Overall all good.

Pros

As the IT Manager I don't personally use the software very much myself but I do setup client companies and talk client users through setting up the app. Not once have I had any clients come back to us saying anything bad about the system or requiring assistance in using.

The online chat staff are very knowledgeable and helpful if any assistance is needed.

Cons

Sometimes when processing bank statements to get them into Excel format for non-integrated clients it can appear to take a while to process. Having said that, it would take a lot longer if we were to try and do the same using OCR software so not all bad!

• Industry: Accounting

An excellent time saving tool, a must for all bookkeepers and accountants

Reviewed on 1/12/2017

Pros

Will OCR sales and purchase invoices and bank statements

Easy to understand the interface and get going

Clients love the simplicity of it, as there is nothing for them to do but take a pic on their phone.

Cons

Could do with some further development to start to be able to process email text invoices.

We have to manually send their invoices back to their system for processing, surely this could be automated?

Chris
Chris
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

AutoEntry

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

Moving to AutoEntry at the start of the first lockdown and WFH has enabled me to continue to process supplier invoices a lot easier than the previous manual processing in the office.

Pros

Removes manual processing of supplier invoices, reduces errors, easy to use across our 3 sites and accessing processed invoices is simple and finally, as all invoices are stored in the cloud, reduces the need for office space to store invoices.

Cons

The supplier statement portal is basic, i think more thought needs given to this area to improve functionality

Alexander
Alexander

Professional's Product Of Choice For Sobell Rhodes LLP

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Pros

- AutoEntry is easy to setup and use.
- Our staff required very little initial training to get going.
- Our clients love saving time and money with less data entry.
- Excellent 3rd party integration options.

Cons

- The support can sometimes be very delayed and unresponsive.
- Although individual uploads are relatively inexpensive, costs can be blind and rack up quickly if you do not make use of the statements and billing features.
- Processing times can vary between 2-5 hours and you will not know in advance exactly how long it will take.

Zakee

Good start- needs polishing up

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Pros

Pretty easy to use after you get the hang of it.
Not badly priced compared to similar software.
Excellent customer support.

Cons

Processing time is a bit long sometimes as long as 24 hours.
Uploads purchase invoice doesn't allow to export to excel.
Very difficult finding the statement as doesnt sort them properly.

Ahmed
  • Industry: Accounting

Take the drudgery out of the data

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

Pros

Spend less time entering data and chasing documents. It is smooth and automatic in use. It also works on smart analysis in the basic details of the work, including the supplier and tax account. It also works to improve time with customers, as it makes you spend less time in accessing accurate data

Cons

It often happens that there are duplicate items on an invoice

Michael

Published Supplier invoices not attaching in Sage One

Reviewed on 20/02/2024

Started off well, until published supplier invoices stopped attaching in Sage One

Pros

It started off working well, well priced, allows multiple entities and Users on one account.

Cons

Published Supplier invoices not attaching in Sage One for 4 weeks now

Dext Prepare

Reasons for Switching to AutoEntry

I have moved back to Dext Prepare because of the above unresolved problem.
Scott

Revolutionised the delivery of our bookkeeping function.

Reviewed on 26/04/2017

Pros

Paying for credits, rather than a set monthly subscription.
We initially used Autoentry for our clients who did not use online banking to create csv bank statements, to allow us to on board them on to Xero. This in itself is an amazingly helpful function.
We have now expanded our use of this to include the sales and purchase invoice processing. The ability to identify individual line items is a great tool, for those suppliers clients use for different purchase types.
We now use Autoentry in conjunction with Xero as a document processing function.

Cons

Sometimes there can be small rounding issues with invoices when Xero is calculating the VAT on the invoice.

Saves Time

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

As an accounting professional, I use AutoEntry specifically for clean-ups and for clients that have bank accounts that don't connect directly to the accounting software. It cuts the hours that it takes to enter a large volume of transactions to a fraction of what it would be otherwise. It's also very affordable. I like that I can subscribe to a certain amount of credits each month or I can purchase just the amount that I need.

Pros

I'm able to take a stack of bank statements and upload them all very quickly and then come back in an hour or so and it's all ready to download in a csv that I can then upload directly to the accounting software. This makes it easy to add everything to the accounting software and saves me so much time.

Cons

Nothing, I love this software for the specific purpose that it serves and I can't think of anything that I would add or change.

Good Product / Saves Time

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Overall happy with product, we are a small business and it definitely saves time ...

Pros

Ease of use and deployment are definitely the best features. It saves me a lot of time and attaches a copy image of every invoice to the accounts package. I currently use Sage and the integration has been pretty faultless. Even when you do bump into an issue (which I have had a couple) the team are quick and helpful to get it sorted.

Cons

It can sometimes struggle with 1's and I's on invoice numbers which can be problematic, other quirks can be having to constantly force an accounts package sync update when you have changed something in your accounting software, this would be best done at every sign in ?

Claire
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great - when it works. Poor customer service

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

Will vote with my subscription - looking for an alternative as we speak

Will vote with my subscription - looking for an alternative as we speak

Pros

When it works its great.
Saves time when it works.
My issue is that it only works 50% of the time

Cons

We have problems monthly which is costly and time consuming as invoices are either not processed or they do not integrate. Customer service do not offer any real help. Visited their stand at Accountex to complain and was assured someone would contact me - still waiting for that call!

• Industry: Accounting

Good, but could do with improvement

Reviewed on 1/12/2017

Pros

Once it has learned where things need to be posted it can make very quick work of posting invoices. Also is very accurate with bank statements (taking pdf and creating a csv from it).

Cons

Very slow upload times, connection from AutoEntry to Quickbooks can sometimes cause differences in what what entered in Auto Entry, if it can't read a bank statement there is no notification it simply just doesn't appear.

Brendan

Still having issues with the App

Reviewed on 16/01/2019

There is an issue with load receipts via the App. There’s are never processed on the app even if they have been which means you have a screen full of processing receipts / invoices. All customer support can suggest is to delete and reinstall the app. It’s been on going for months.

Pros

Quick and easy to upload receipts and invoices.

Cons

No customer support. No help at all If you have an problem

Nicola

Brilliant - Glad I took the plunge

Reviewed on 20/01/2021

Brilliant customer service, the online chat people are outstanding and have never failed to help me when I am stuck/ confused. Very very quick service on questions
Transformed my bookkeeping part of the business.
I love it

Pros

The time it saves me. Yes, I had to concentrate when I was originally using it, but within a few days I was feeling confident. I asked questions and customer support were so helpful.

Cons

The help articles are brilliant when I get stuck

serge
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

the program works well but complicated to install and very lottle support from providwe

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Very disapponting

Very disapponting

Pros

the integration is efficient and works well when properly in place

Cons

There is no support when things fo wrong:
- nobody ever answers phone lines
- support by email is to a minimum with useless advice
- the chat is meant to reply within 5 minutes but never got a reply

Sophie

I love autoentry

Reviewed on 7/12/2020

I use auto entry every day as i use it to do clients bookkeeping. The client uploads onto auto entry and i code it up and push across to the bookkeeping software.

Pros

Easy for clients to use and easy for myself to use. Makes bookkeeping so much more simpler and quicker as communicates well with quickbooks and Xero

Cons

It takes a while to push some information across to bookkeeping softwares.

Melissa
  • Industry: Automotive

Problems, Problems, Problems

Reviewed on 1/07/2021

Does not sync, always crashes , looses supplier accounts, every time you speak to someone on the chat even though the same issue happens week in week out you always get a different response. Never resolved. Its been 3 weeks now its not worked.
If you want to keep your accounts up to date don't use auto entry.
Support never resolve the issue.

Pros

Its easy to use however it hardly works

Cons

If you want to keep your accounts up to date don't use auto entry.

Iain

A good way to speed up your accounting.

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Generally a very good piece of software that has saved me a lot of time, and especially helped with the move to Making Tax Digital for our VAT returns.

Pros

I can set rules to automatically apply to invoices that I receive regularly which over time has saved me a lot of effort as AutoEntry auto categorises invoices for me. Then matching them in Quickbooks is quick and easy to do.

Cons

Sometimes the upload of photos of receipts through the app from my phone doesn't work. It can be very hit and miss.

• Used for 1+ year

Moving expenses to Quickbooks in a fast convenient way

Reviewed on 18/02/2019

Pros

Its easy to integrate with Quickbooks. There's a lot of time saved than manually entering them. You just have to scan, enter in a few different fields, and you're done. It saves the use a lot of time. It is also very affordable compared to other competitors on the market.

Cons

Everything is done manually, so even though its fast there are no shortcuts at the moment. There can sometimes be errors with the numbers that get entered into the software, but they don't happen a lot. Otherwise its a quick and easy process to upload items.

Zoe
Zoe

Auto Entry

Reviewed on 2/08/2017

Pros

I'd only used Receipt Bank prior to being introduced to Auto Entry. Being limited to just purchase invoices, it was refreshing to have the option to upload not only purchase invoices but sales invoices and bank statements. It is very easy to use, processes information in a timely manner and syncs directly to Xero to aid with the bookkeeping process. When support is needed I get a quick and helpful response.

Cons

The main issue relates to the notification of credit usage. Using the app daily does mean I keep on top of it but would be helpful to have some form of notification of credits left at any given time.

Xero Is Great!!

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

Pros

Pros
Can receive documents from many sources (web upload, smartphone app, email)
Is actually accurate when capturing data
Can handle multiple line items
Can handle multiple document types (PDF, JPG, GIF, DOC)
Can handle multiple taxes
Easy to edit transactions
Easy to batch re-categorize transactions
Easy to organize documents/transactions
Has fine grained control over how data is pushed to accounting software
Contacts, accounts, and taxes are synced with accounting software
Two-way transaction sync between accounting software and it
Handles duplicates in a smart way