Smartcare

Cloud-based child care center management software

3.8 /5 (268 reviews) Write a Review!
3.8
3.7
3.4
3.6
4.1
Tara O.

It is all in one

Reviewed on 19/01/2021

It gave my parents what they wanted. And I don't have to pay for cc transactions any more.

Pros

I liked that it is 1 price a month. I don't have to add anything in to get everything they offer. My families have been happy since we moved.

Cons

It needs a teacher app. Every day I hear about how my teachers have a hard time with the web based site.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Katherine S.

Not an easy transition from Child Care Manager

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Pros

We like the parents ability to set up accounts and manage funds on their own. I like the reports of children not signed out of the school and the employees not signed out of the school. I like the ability to log on and see our data anywhere.

Cons

This system does not feel very streamlined. It feels cut and paste. When you are dealing with children and families, you should be able to go to the parents last name see.the children, the accounts, etc and do your functions - adding credits, changing billing items, making notes...all in one place. One stop shop. Not ten clicks to see it all and to do what you need to do.

With the transition from CCM to Smart Care some of the functions needed additional finesse to get working - the primary /secondary sponsor was a huge issue. It would be better if the parents when signing up could choose the family sponsor. Instead of us finding billing issues because this was not configured right from CCM.

Reports - Smart Care assumes everyone is going to be on tablets but unfortunately this is not the case with all preschools including ours. We need to be able to generate paper copies of all reports like we did in CCM. The reports are not as professional looking as those in CCM.

Door Access not yet an option - waiting.

Text Message notification - not everyone has the app or will put it on their phone. We need this function to work for mass text messaging. Grandparents can get texts they haven't all embraced the app.

All searches and displays should be the same. I prefer families and children listed by last name so siblings will be underneath siblings. Also, a search bar should be on every single page.

Response from Smartcare

It is our pleasure to assist you in locating our Online Resources for you and your Staff!

We have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here:

User Guides
*Tutorial Videos and User Guides are Password Protected - please use the password provided to you by your Customer Success Manager.

We also host LIVE Webinars you and your staff could attend - or sign up for recorded sessions by checking out our all new Smartcare University at http://offers.smartcare.com/smartcare-university

Finally, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team at [email protected] - or by giving us a call at (844) 762-7837.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Kaliani C.
Industry: Law Practice

Keeps you up do date with children

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

As mentioned above, it is super convinient and one is able to keep up with childrens progress while at childcare center

Pros

The main reason why i love this app i because i can always check in on my children while at daycare and im at work. The teachers are able to share pictures and child's progress via app which is super convenient. Being able to also see who signs children in and out with a unique code and or pin. I also love that you can also pay your co-pay through the app. All in one stop for me!!

Cons

The only issue i have notice with the app is that it does sometimes lag and updates will post late. Other than that i personally love the app.

Smart Care Review

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Pros

I love how easy it is to sign in through the tablet and clock in for work. Using not only the key card that is provided but also through the number they allow you to create in case you forget your key card or have something in your hand. It is also easy to navigate through the app if a parent forgets to clock their child out or in.

Cons

One thing I do not enjoy about Smartcare is the lack of service you receive if your internet is down. There were times at our daycare when the internet would go out and parents could not log their children in so we would have to write them down and manually put the names in later which could be a hassle. This issue did not really have to do with smartcare as a whole but in some cases our internet.

Response from Smartcare

Thank you for your Review! It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software!

While you and your staff are in the process of learning the Software functionality - we have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here:

Marrie G.
Industry: Human Resources

Pretty good

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

Our daycare facility uses this software. When we started with this we were just in as a trial run from the beginning to now it's made a lot of improvements

Cons

Just when it updates it sets some things off like on the business end and the app for the parents as well, it's a work in progress

Response from Smartcare

Marrie,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback!

We are so happy to hear that your Center's Trial Run has been a seamless experience with our software, and that our intuitive interface is easy to use - as soon as you go live!

We're positively elated to be able to provide our Customers with all of the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! Smartcare is very happy to be able to deliver our software to your Center. We appreciate your business.

We look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you.

Penny G.

We love this software

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Love the app feature for parents

Pros

Our favorite feature is the app for parents to pay - it frees up our directors to not have to catch parents for payments and have awkward times asking for money - the directors can focus on the children!

Cons

We haven't added the iPads to the classrooms .... worried about our teachers having their faces in the iPads and not watching the children

Response from Smartcare

Penny,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback!

We are so glad to hear that you have had an amazing experience with our software and you love it, specially the app feature for parents

We're positively delighted to be able to provide our Customers with all the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! Smartcare is very happy to be able to deliver our software to your Academy. We appreciate your business.

We strive to provide the BEST Childcare Software - in our Industry and due to our growth and our industry's demand - we expect to continue to update our software to meet those needs. Our goal is always to exceed your Institute's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you.

Jill R.

recommendation for Smartcare

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

Direct tuition payments are the biggest and unexpected time saving feature of this system. I appreciate having more time to concentrate on other issues that arise as the director of a school.

Pros

The software is very easy to use with a little practice in navigating. The customer service is GREAT! If I can't find my answer in the documentation, I call and speak with a representative that walks me through the issue. They have always been friendly and patient.
Parents love the QR code sign in/out system.
I really like the messaging system!

Cons

I've received quite a few questions about or difficulty with parent pin numbers and their initial sign up. Being a new system for everyone, I am not able to answer their questions immediately.
The financial reports have been a challenge in finding exactly what I am needing.

Response from Smartcare

Jill,

Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software & Resources!

Sarah B.
Industry: Education Management

I have learned this software from experimenting with it. I wish there was some online training.

Reviewed on 26/05/2017

It has eliminated some of the paperwork by making many things electronic saving some time for teachers.

Pros

I like that it is used for employees as well as for the clients. It does seem very cost effective as well.

Cons

I do not like the fact that as the director I can not look at a childs timeline under my log in and see what the teachers have been letting the parents know. It makes it hard for me to keep track of what the parents are hearing from the staff. Customer service is not the best either.

Response from SmartCare

Thank you very much for your review Sarah!

Since your review date on 5/26/17, there have been updates made to the Software Functionality, which includes the ability for Directors to monitor all parent/teacher communication on our Web Portal and in your Center App.

We apologize if you felt that our Customer Service was lacking. We strive to ensure our clients satisfaction and hope to meet the needs of your Center, in every aspect of Customer Service.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving the needs of your Center for years to come!

Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will be happy to assist you.

Collette Hull | SmartCare
Sales & Marketing Account Executive
[email protected]

Kaycie K.

A growing experience that I am happy with one year later

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

I love being able navigate around so simply. I like the option to mass email staff and parents. The birthday reminders are helpful too. I use the accounting screen the most.

Cons

When the parent apps have errors and I have no knowledge to help them, I just tell them to re download the app. I wish there were printable roll sheets for teachers to mark weekly attendance.

Response from Smartcare

kaycie,

Thank you so much for your feedback! we truly appreciate it.

We're happy to hear that you love being able to navigate around so simple in our software.

We're positively delighted to be able to provide our Customers with all of the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! that's why we value your feedback.

We look forward to continuing to provide your Academy with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is and is going to be always to exceed your School's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you.

Industry: Entertainment

Smartcare simplifies the functions of managing the business of childcare.

Reviewed on 11/07/2018

Parents' billing is easier to manage.

Pros

Smartcare is interactive and is easy for each member of an organization to access the platform. The staff can easily communicate with parents when emergencies occur.

Cons

Parent login and log out is not as simple as it should be and I spend a lot of time signing out kids at the end of the school program day.

Response from Smartcare

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback.
We are so happy to hear that SmartCare simplifies the functions of managing your business of childcare.

At SmartCare we're very happy to be able to deliver our software to your Center and that's why we appreciate your comments so we can continue to improve week by week with updates and new features.

We look forward to continuing to provide your business with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is and is going to be always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you.

Kyiersty T.

Difficult to implement

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

That it does the billing automatically so I spend less time on it. That it is online so I have access no matter where I am

Cons

not having specific/obvious drop down menus. spend a lot of time clicking on lines to get what I want. Took me a long time to figure out. User guide needs to be updated real time

Stephanie N.

Best Communication Tool for any Childcare Company

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Pros

I just starting using Smartcare and already it has become my favorite of all the apps I have tried. It has way more functions and features than any other app my company has used. It is all in the details. From being able to input when the next physical is due, to being alerted of what birthdays are going on in your center... I love this app and look forward to using it more.

Cons

Its great that there are so many features with this app, but it is taking some getting used to. The customer service has been great, but the adjustment time I guess is to be expected. Give you company time to adjust.

Response from Smartcare

Stephanie,

Juaneka E.

No One Likes Change - But This is a Change That I'm Looking Forward To

Reviewed on 23/07/2018

Pros

SmartCare is hosted in the cloud - and that is the best thing in the world for a facility as large is ours. The ability to have all the pertinent information for each of our 350 enrolled children is priceless. The Lead Center is a great option as well - as it helps us manage open slots in our program more easily. The features are endless. Prior to our SmartCare switch, we were using four different software programs to manage what SmartCare does all in one - child and family records management, payment collection, secure door entry, pin check in, daily report access to families electronically, lesson plan building, federal food program, child assessments, and video/picture sending to families.

Cons

As of right now, there are still some limited reports. However, anything that I would like to access, I can submit a help ticket and they will work to add the feature in the newest update.

Response from Smartcare

Juaneka,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback!

The team and I are so thrilled to hear you have had an amazing experience with our software and is the change you were looking forward to.

We're very happy to be able to deliver our software to your Center. We appreciate your business and our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you.

Stephanie G.

SmartCare at TenderTots

Reviewed on 2/03/2017

I am the regional director of our child care company. Three of our sites are currently using this program and we are thrilled by it. Our parents love it and so do the teachers. It gives our families a little bit of a closer look into the day their child is having. I would definitely recommend this program to any child care center looking to offer all the things that SmartCare offers. :)

Pros

Ability to update parents intantly

Cons

can be glitchy sometimes, but any issue are dealt with quickly.

Response from SmartCare

Stephanie,

Thank you very much for your review on SmartCare!

We truly appreciate the feedback from our clients, as it is instrumental to our mutual growth and continued success.

As always, we encourage our clients to reach out to their Customer Success Manager for your questions, suggestions and requests for assistance.

I am also available to assist you - anytime.

Please let me know if there is anything we can do to improve our Software and Services as we want to make sure that your Center continues to have a positive experience!

SmartCare - Sales & Marketing Account Executive

SmartCare

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Support team is an excellent, knowledgeable Customer Success Manager. I have not found the same knowledge when I just call into the support center.

Pros

SmartCare has wonderful, numerous reports for any information needed. All of administration can be of assistance to customers since we all have access to the same real-time information.

Cons

SmartCare is not compatible with QuickBooks Online, tech fee should be billed when tuition is billed, and the system should be able to accept wait list fees online before a child is enrolled so a customer can receive a receipt.

Christen W.

Mediocre at best!

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

I feel like it could have potential, but they just launched their system too soon without working out the kinks first. The list of cons goes on forever, but I just don't have the time to write them all.

Pros

The overall look of the software is nice and appealing.

Cons

Customer support is not helpful, they talk to you more like you're an idiot than anything. The reports make no sense, especially the monthly statement (OMG the monthly statement is horrible)! Good luck trying to set up your monthly billing on the first of the month, because not even customer service can seem to make it work. The parent app seems to be down or not working most of the time. I find it ridiculous that you can't go back to the same screen you were previously on without scrolling down through the first page again. The ladybug icon would be great if they actually worked on what you sent them. Instead they send you the generic email "Thanks for your input we will send it to our Smartcare team", but you never really know what happens cause they never send anything back saying they took care of the problem. There isn't any option in the sign in and out area for you to mark if a child is sick, on vacation, or if they are just absent! It's concerning that there is no system backup for our records, it just seems to be saved in the "cloud" somewhere. There should be a local backup or something.

Response from Smartcare

Christen,

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Holly H.
Industry: Education Management

So far Smartcare has been easy to use. I will be able to better review it's quality with more time.

Reviewed on 11/07/2018

Easy of use. Access from anywhere. Automatic billing. Online payment capabilities.

Pros

A lot of great features that make the day to day operations easier. The ability to access it from anywhere.

Cons

Buggy at times. Kiosk app will freeze at the most inopportune times and the tablet will need to be restarted. Has been difficult to get some parents on board, not everyone has access to internet or smartphones. With so much information and options, it is easy to get 'lost' in the functions.

Response from Smartcare

Holly,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback.
We are so glad to hear that you have had a delightful experience with our software and you found it easy to use and make your day to day operations easier.

Dayna P.

Support has been AWESOME!! Still getting to know the ins and outs of the system.

Reviewed on 12/07/2018

Pros

I can access it from anywhere. I can troubleshoot and answer parent questions anytime, anywhere. I like that parents can access their account balance on the app, and that they will be able to pay online.

Cons

I do not like the that center web and IOS app have different features. I wish both were equal. Too much going back and forth. We do not use Ipads on campus, so I have to use my personal Ipad to schedule kids, assign PINs, etc. We are going to have to purchase Ipads.

I miss a lot of the reporting features from Child Care Manager. Would like to see more with Smartcare.

Response from Smartcare

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! we truly appreciate it.

We are so thrilled to hear that you have had a great experience with SmartCare and our customer support service.

We're positively elated to be able to provide our Customers with all the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! that's why we value your comments.

Sarah F.

Rough at first, but has improved a great deal

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

Smartcare offers a variety of usable functions and an always increasing number of reports. We use these items daily.

Cons

When we first started the system there were a lot of bugs but this has gotten much better with time.

Response from Smartcare

Sarah,

Thank you so much for your review on SmartCare. We truly appreciate the feedback from our clients.

We're so happy to hear that you have found that our software offers a variety of usable functions and you use these daily.

We appreciate your business and we look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is always to exceed your Academy's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you.

Dana S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Fair, customer service representatives are excellent at understanding and assisting.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

The information is current and accurate. The communication with the parent is done in real time.
Billing and collection are more automatic.

Cons

The billings and payments are not able to be edited or voided. The account changes automatically go to the parents. When an error is made the parent question the competency of the childcare staff.
When pulling reports it is often difficult to get the specific information needed to complete a task as assigned.
The leads section of the program should be developed more to include personalized emails with attachments, and follow up capabilities, as well as a report that places each potential in a category for the waitlist.

Response from Smartcare

Dana,

Thank you so much for your review on SmartCare.

We're positively elated to be able to provide our Customers with all the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! that's why we truly appreciate the feedback from our clients.

At SmartCare we look forward to continuing to provide your Center with Tomorrow's Childcare Technology - Today! Our goal is always to exceed your Center's Software needs as we grow and evolve with you.

Meighan S.

Great transition experience

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Ability to generate customized reports, process payments and receipts more quickly, communicate with parents easily, compile data/status information. Will be ultimately helpful in reducing the amount of daily paperwork.

Pros

Report generating, ease of use, parent communication ability and the abilty for parents to pay/view billing as well as see where their child is located on campus at all time.

Cons

When converting not all important data was entered, including medical information and allergies, we will have to spend a lot of time reentering this date on the back end.

Response from Smartcare

Meighan,

Thank you so much for your feedback!

We're so happy to hear that the transition to SmartCare was a great experience and that our intuitive interface is easy to use and will be ultimately helpful in reducing the amount of daily paperwork in your business.

We're positively delighted to be able to provide our Customers with all of the features we offer and continue to improve week by week - with updates and new features! that's why we value your comments.

Shannon R.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Good start, doesn't meet some of our needs

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

More payment options for parents, more ways of communication with parents.

Pros

Giving parents more access to what their child is doing throughout the day. Gives the staff chance to communicate with parents.

Cons

Some reports we need aren't available, Director role can't use teacher app unless signed out of Director and signed back in as a teacher. ios version not available on other tablets

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Tricia W.

Easy Transition

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

We've been very pleased.

Pros

The help we received was invaluable. Questions were answered quickly and follow up was fabulous.

Cons

As new users, we're still learning the ins and outs. We miss some of our forms from Childcare Manager and are waiting for them to be transferred over as advertised before the switch.

Response from Smartcare

Thank you for your review, Tricia! It is our pleasure to provide you and your staff with our Smartcare Software!

While you and your staff are in the process of learning our functionality - we have an array of Tutorial Videos and User Guides available to our Smartcare Clients, on our Smartcare Website that can be accessed here:

Julianna K.

Amazing all-in-one child care solution that you can actually afford!

Reviewed on 18/11/2015

My child care center/preschool, Precious Lambs Early Learning Center, participated in SmartCare's beta testing. We are so impressed with the way that the software really encompasses everything needed. It is an all-in-one solution!

We had looked into Procare software but SmartCare looks like it will be a much better solution for us because of the low cost (can actually be paid by the parents, and therefore free to the center!) and the ease of use. Smart Care even provided us with ipads for each classroom and director at no cost! I appreciate that the software is on each classroom ipad, allowing all of the teachers and parents to update and receive updates in real time!

Another perk of the SmartCare experience for my child care center, Precious Lambs Early Learning Center is the customer service. My rep is always available and happy to answer questions that we come up with. She also came out and visited our center numerous times in person to make sure that we felt comfortable with the new software and even to get feedback from parents.

The reason we are most excited to use SmartCare in our center is because we want to get families set up with automatic debits from their checking accounts. We looked into using other options but SmartCare offers this service at no charge. We can't wait to get all of our families set up and paying electronically!

I am excited to see where SmartCare is one year from now! Over the past year, I have watched SmartCare grow from an idea into a software solution for my child care center. We are so excited to use SmartCare and watch it continue to grow and help us on a daily basis.

Charlene R.

Great Staff/Awesome Customer Service

Reviewed on 28/09/2019

The transition from Child Care Management was difficult but as I begin to learn Smart Care, I’ve come to enjoy it very much.

One of the many benefits is being able to communicate with staff and families.

Pros

The great Customer Service is what gives me the patience while learning every aspect of the software.

Cons

The Directors have access to the same features and task as the owner. That needs to change immediately.

Response from Smartcare

Hi Charlene,
Thank you for your comments! We are grateful for your positive review and suggestions. If you need help with admin settings feel free to contact our support team at https://smartcare.com/contact-us/#contact
Thanks again!