Lessonly

Powerful training software for sales & support teams.

4.7 /5 (128 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.5
4.4
4.7
4.8
Olivia S.
Industry: Financial Services

Excellent for the inexperienced & seamless onboarding

Reviewed on 15/08/2020

We streamlined training and knowledge database within Lessonly. We also utilize Lessonly to send out newsletters which cut back our email and slack clutter. We also utilize Lessonly to track mandatory continuing education for our licensed professionals and mandatory HR updates, everything is traceable within Lessonly Insights.

Pros

We use this mostly for Knowledge Management System but we also use Lessonly to onboard new employees. The interface is engaging and extremely user friendly. Support is extremely fast and responsive. Superb customer service.

Cons

The quizzes and practice on demand are a bit clunky. There are no options to roll out the same quizzes to the same user, only limited to scoring system where they can re-take if failed. Practice on demand is only in a narrative scenario so it's only useful for written scenario which is not useful for us. Integration was a bit hard to do with Salesforce.

Industry: Apparel & Fashion

The Goldilocks of LMS Software

Reviewed on 16/05/2019

Before committing to Lessonly, I looked into quite a few LMS solutions. I found this to be the perfect middle ground in terms of price and features. It's really suited for a smallish (under 50 employees company), though I believe they have other plans for larger businesses or teams. Beyond just features, I couldn't be happier with their support. I never found their sales team be pushy which is always a wonderful bonus. They also have quite a few meetup events with company reps which I'm a big fan of.

Pros

-From the pitch to implementation, their support was fantastic. They really helped to make sure this would suit our needs and after signing the contract, they followed up to set up a few meetings to make sure we fully understood how to use it to its full capacity.

-It's extremely straightforward and easy to use for both administrators and learners. It was so simple I felt like I was missing something, but they assured me that wasn't the case :)

-It offers a lot of information and lessons on how to actually train and improve your training process at no additional cost. This has proven to be a really invaluable resource and has improved our training program and saved time in developing it.

-I love that it integrates with Zendesk.

Cons

-I wish it allowed for some more customization or formatting variation.

-Though you can easily embed videos, you can't host them through Lessonly. We knew this going in so it obviously wasn't a dealbreaker, but it would be nice.

-As an administrator, I really wish it was possible to create a grading key. I find I create a lot more multiple choice quizzes because it's just too hard to grade written answers.

Industry: Internet

Simple, basic LMS.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017

It was a simple, easy way for us to scale learning for our quickly growing organization. That being said, it feels like we grew faster than Lessonly was able to keep up with, so now we're looking for a more robust LMS that will provide more flexibility as we become more sophisticated in how we're approaching education as a company.

Pros

The interface is clean, and lessons are relatively easy to create. Because it has such a minimalist design, there were very little extra work needed to make it look nice and enticing for our team to use.

Cons

They've only just now begun to add support for SCORM, relying solely on their built in editor for awhile. The customer support team is responsive, but very few changes or updates seem to be made from user feedback. It also felt as though substantial updates to the app were few and far between. This was disappointing, to say the least.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Olivia C.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Super user friendly

Reviewed on 6/02/2020

We launched a new training program with Lessonly. Their onboarding with us was excellent - super supportive and patient with our long decision making process. Their customer support is super responsive and great to work with.

Pros

Really easy to build lessons without a lot of technical know-how. It is quick to get content in, publish, and assign out to users.
The interface is very clean and self-explanatory to use.

Cons

Some of their texts options are limited (colours, sizing).
You can't copy and paste whole sections of content from one course to another easily.

Jessica H.
Industry: Insurance

Excellent e-learning platform

Reviewed on 2/01/2020

Pros

Lessonly allows us to share content externally with teams that sell our products in an easy and fun way. Not only people can learn about our products but they can also receive extra tips and training. This is important for us to maintain great working relationships with our external partners. We also use Lessonly internally to ensure our staff stay up-to-date with industry compliance requirements.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like. The tool is excellent and the customer success team amazing!

Brian C.
Industry: Financial Services

Great to Disseminate Information

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 5/02/2020

Overall, I like the tool. We have also used it to qualify for continuing education credits for certain certifications.

Pros

I like my company's use of Lessonly, they will send out compliance and HR information. At the end of the presentation there is a check for understanding. You can always go back to Lessonly to review the completed items. This is great!

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Lessonly. It is very easy to use and is a good place to store important, but not daily data.

Industry: Computer Software

Lessonly was great during training at my new job!

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Overall, Lessonly has been great! Would definitely recommend for any type of training

Pros

Lessonly was a great tool for training/onboarding in my current role. Since we are work from home, it was hard to have quizzes or lesson overviews with our group. Lessonly made it super easy. You could just go in and answer directly on your computer and you could see your responses after you submit for when you review the answers with the group.

Cons

There were a few glitches connecting the screen record and the audio record at times (I know a few people had these issues multiple times). I am not sure if it is because we use macs, but I had to restart my computer/chrome a couple times but then I eventually got it to work.

Caleb O.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Lessonly review

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

with Lessonly, I can easily train my business team and collaborate with them on useful contents.

Pros

It is very easy to create teachable contents using Lessonly. Lessonly provides me and my team with a powerful learning system coupled with advanced coaching functionalities.

Cons

The dashboard needs to be jazzed up a little bit with more customization features for contents.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Lessonly Review

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 4/01/2020

Lessonly is a great tool for teachings and trainings, and these can be made quickly and easily.

Pros

Lessonly is a great tool to use for trainings, when you are unable to do an in person training. You can customize with photos and quizzes to make the trainings more fun and pleasing to the eye

Cons

The site can be a little slow at times, but there aren’t too many downsides other than that.

Romay zuleima F.

Excellent tool of training

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

Organization of classes for training teachers

Pros

For the course of educational training, the tool is very usefulness and allows to share videos and projections of images dynamically

Cons

The cost is a little bit high and the explanation for the functioning results something complicated

Ruben V.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Lessonly is the most intuitive LMS out there!

Reviewed on 13/11/2016

Due to the growth of our company, we needed a Learning Management System (LMS) that would help onboarding all the new hires. Before we used a powerpoint presentation, but that wasn't maintainable nor scalable since we have multiple offices around the world.

That's why we started looking for a web-based LMS that was very easy to work with, both for the administrator creating content as for the users doing the online courses and quizzes. And if possible with a very simple yet slick design. After some research we found Lessonly and it checked all the boxes.

And now we are not using Lessonly just for onboarding new hires, we are also using it to train existing employees. Each department within Bynder has a specific team member that creates lessons and quizzes. Since it is soo simple to create / edit content, my life as an administrator maintaining it is also very easy. Every day I receive an email with all the lessons that have been completed by our colleagues. But I also receive notifications if some colleagues have missed their deadline.

Last thing I would like to point out is the great service we get from our Client Experience Manager. Whenever I send an email, I always get a reply within a few hours. When I ask a question, I always get an answer. Or sometimes even better, an instant solution!

When I request a conference call, my client Experience Manager is always available to catch up, discuss the feedback I have received from our new hires (who are very enthusiastic about our online Training Centre) and talk about new road map features. Several times I came up with suggestions that later I could explain in detail to their VP of Product - everything to make their product better and therefore my experience.

That is the kind of company we like to do business with!

Pros

- Easy to create content for administrators / creators
- Very intuitive to work with for new hires
- Web-based so changes in lessons made are updated automatically
- Overview of all users who did (not) complete their lessons
- Automatic email reminders for uncompleted lessons
- Great service from Client Experience Manager

Cons

The dashboards with information and statistics about who is assigned to which lesson and which user has still lessons open are available, yet they could be more advanced based on our personal preferences.

I have been informed this is on the roadmap so I am really looking forward to that.

Maija P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Good concept, not so useful for managing large numbers of learners

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 3/02/2020

Pros

I like that Lessonly allows our company to create custom training modules that can be sent out to our network.

Cons

I wish that Lessonly had more user-friendly reporting of completed assignments. Our team monitors completions by regions, with different managers being responsible for learners in different areas of the country, yet there is not a convenient way of sorting completions by location on the platform - one must manually enter the location for each user, then download the reports as a spreadsheet in order to sort by the location field. Sending invitations is also far too manual of a process - needing to type in the name of each learner (as opposed to being able to auto-invite by location or date added) is tedious and can be problematic when two users have the same name but only one needs to be sent an invitation. There's no additional information, such as email address, available in the invite flow to easily differentiate users. Also, many of our learners have reported that the navigation of lessons is not the most convenient. When reviewing previously completed modules, the navigation menu is limited, forcing them to click through numerous pages in order to get to the one they wish to review. As an admin, I also found the chat box that pops up in the corner every time I visit the site to be annoying, with no option to permanently disable it.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Melina P.
Industry: Construction

Great Solution for Online Training

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

We use Lesson.ly to help provide training to all of our employees; however, it has been most helpful to train our field staff who we do not see in the office that often. We are able to provide information to this group and ask them a few questions to attach accountability to them for knowing or being aware of policy changes, common issues in the field, and safety topics. We are also planning to offer blocks of training to new employees based on their position in the company to assist in orientation and beyond.
I would also like to comment on the customer support. I like that I can send one of my reps a quick email to describe an issue I'm having and I get a fast response. I don't think I've ever waited more than an hour... usually it is just a few minutes. I appreciate that.

Pros

Flexibility to train on any topic, technical support, contact with my rep, feel like I am a partner and not one of many customers

Cons

I would like to have more capabilities like on PowerPoint to jazz up the lessons (colorful backgrounds, effects, etc.).

Meagan M.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

What did I do with my life before Lessonly?

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

if you have anyone in your company that's remotely-based, lessonly is a godsend. so easy, very fair pricing, and wonderful support/CSMs. two thumbs up!

Pros

constantly improving (been with them for 1.5 years and they constantly release new features), love that their decisions are research-based and some of their workforce are academics who have studied learning/teaching techniques. SO EASY to just write a lesson... adding people is easy, managing teams is easy (especially with the upgraded version, you can "hide" irrelevant lessons from separate teams). recently improved search and UI of the learning library was much appreciated. you can embed gifs, images, videos, sound clips, etc into lessons to make it as interactive as possible. our CSM is always around to help with 1:1 advice and the general support team is wonderful as well!

Cons

creating and managing tags leaves something to be desired - just not as intuitive as other parts of the platform. otherwise i still yeard for an easier way to manage lessons, something VISUAL like a tree or flowchart to quickly understand what lessons exist under what paths/teams - that's pretty minor though and not nearly a dealbreaker

Diane W.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
Company size: Self Employed

eLearning made simple

Reviewed on 14/11/2016

With Lesson.ly's intuitive platform anyone can create engaging online learning. Their built-in styles give you the most desired editing functions -- for example, callouts and having images that the learner simply clicks to enlarge. You can create content quickly and collaboratively without worrying about formatting or authoring tools.

As an instructional designer, I especially appreciate being able to deliver small chunks of material. It means that learners aren't waiting for a full course in order to get training. It makes keeping content up to date isn't a huge project. And it encourages learners to take and retake lessons when they need them.

However, having a lot of smaller lessons as opposed to fewer large courses makes working with the catalog a little challenging. I've needed to rethink how to structure and manage content. It still feels a little clunky, and I think a large catalog may prove difficult. However, Lesson.ly has also been making improvements.

And that brings me to my last point. The Lesson.ly team is fantastic. They are invested in your success, and it shows in everything they do. When you are working in the platform, they are just a click away. They listen. And they follow through.

If you're looking to build out informal or subscription types of learning, I definitely recommend trying out Lesson.ly.

Pros

Ease of use.
Great support.

Cons

Content catalog is a bit clunky. With lots of small lessons, it's hard to visualize what is in the catalog.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Good for remote teams onboarding

Reviewed on 9/09/2018

We started to spend 60%! less time on remote teams onboarding, so it's got easier to adjust out business to changing technology demands.

Pros

Out onboarding plan had been a difficult to manage Excel spreadsheet for a long time.
Eventually, I was able to persuade management to use some more appropriate solution.
We compared Lessonly vs WorkRamp and lessonly was the winner because of more reach features set.
Thanks to feature that allow to track trainers activity, we were able to motivate experienced employees to create a number of training materials (most of people were able to use the app right away, without any training) and reward top performers.

Cons

Some of trainers reported they experienced formatting issues when creating complex training materials.

Sarah M.

Easy to use, incredibly effective

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

I've used Lesson.ly for about 6 months now, and am very happy with it. We have teams of contractors who perform services on behalf of our company, and Lesson.ly has made it easy for us to create content, send it out in a digestible way, and then monitor compliance. I do think the software lacks a few bells and whistles that would truly make it amazing, but what they lack in tech features they make up for in customer support. Their team is always willing to go above and beyond to help us figure something out or find a workaround.

Pros

Lesson and course format for content creation, referenceable content in a "learning library" format, easy to monitor compliance, easy to create content.

Cons

Admin dashboard could use some improvement and more wiki functionality. I would also like a bit more customization in terms of formatting the content.

Keenan S.
Industry: Computer Software

Easy to use with a great support team.

Reviewed on 14/11/2016

We looked at a few tools to help us provide better training to our new hires and existing employees. None were as easy to use and nicely designed as Lessonly. The user experience is our main priority, and that's where Lessonly has a huge leg up over their competition.

There are some features we'd like to have, and we've had an opportunity to share our feedback during the entire sales/onboarding process. We even had a chance to share feedback directly with members of their leadership team. Everyone has been friendly, responsive, and seem to genuinely care about our overall experience.

Their customer support has been top-notch as well. Extremely helpful and speedy in their replies. Recently, a bug I submitted was fixed within hours, with a nice follow up email to confirm. So where certain features lack, they make up for in a great experience. I feel like I can trust them to keep improving their software.

Pros

UI/UX design. Customer service.

Cons

Would love a more intuitive experience navigating around the gradebook or managing existing lessons.

PDF export of grade data is also something we'd love to see.

Aaron L.

Simplify your e-learning!

Reviewed on 14/11/2016

As a user of several large LMS systems, most recently one from Oracle, I constantly lamented the fact that I was spending more of my time managing and learning their HUGE system than I was thinking about the impact of the learning material I was creating. When my learners told me they "just wanted to know what they had to do" I wasn't able to act on that feedback and make learning easier within the bounds of the LMS world. It was just more difficult than it was worth. Lesson.ly has been a breath of fresh air for me! It has less features than an LMS (on purpose) because they have realized that if the learning isn't simple, the learner won't want to engage with it. I highly recommend checking them out if you want to simplify your learning strategy and increase your employee's productivity and on-the-job confidence.

Pros

Ease of use and helpful service team.

Cons

I have to use a lot of other software to manipulate images, videos, etc...because Lesson.ly doesn't include much in the way of content or design within the software.

Amazing product for employees!

Reviewed on 12/07/2018

Training new hires and tenured employees. Testing employee company/product knowledge.

Pros

I use this product for all my new hires and sometimes tenured employees for additional training. The ability to built lessons within different paths is perfect for staying organized and making many different trainings to use continuously. I love that I am able to track my employee's progress within each path too, as well as the ability to test them on their knowledge.

Cons

The technical aspects of moving lessons from path to path is a bit long and could be made easier, maybe a couple of shortcuts could be made to make it a quicker process.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Lessonly is a Lifesaver

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

I am a sales manager and I use Lessonly almost every day. I build lessons to review sales best practices and to test their knowledge. I also use the video recording feature for the reps to record their elevator pitches or any role playing scenarios.

Pros

-Ability to make lessons to review best practices
-Video recording for sales pitches
-Quizzes and test over sales training
-Continued training

Cons

Needs to fix a couple of bugs with copy and paste feature, but other than that it is great!

Industry: Higher Education

Lessonly Works!

Reviewed on 17/01/2019

Lessonly works very well for our training systems. Our information is updated/can change a lot so being able to easily go into a lesson to update is a benefit. Lessonly also provides 'house' lesson/guides for it's administrators including tips on when to put information into video, what might work best content-wise or how much content. This is very useful for those creating lessons for the first time.

Pros

Your can add videos, images, and quizzes to the lessons on any slide. You can create lesson paths which clump certain lessons into one flow. You can track when employees begin and end lessons, and the 'grade' they get for each lesson (if you have quizzes in lessons).

Cons

Can be cumbersome to add a new administrator for auditing the lessons if there are a ton of lessons, as it seems you can only add an editor one lesson at a time.

Matt B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

A great platform for employee learning

Reviewed on 14/11/2016

Working with the Lesson.ly team has been fantastic. They are incredibly responsive to customer needs and concerns. They have helped me through every step of the development and roll-out process. Lessons are incredibly easy to build. They are also rolling out new features frequently. I've really enjoyed developing my content and sharing it with my employees. They've also enjoyed a new format for learning - one where they're not listening to me lecture all the time! Not SCORM compatible, but that's the only major inconsistency with other LMS platforms. I recommend Lesson.ly, especially for small education departments like me!

Pros

Lessons are easy to build. They frequently add new content for free. It is reasonably priced for small organizations. The staff is incredibly responsive and helpful. It works well with a lot of content which can be embedded.

Cons

Not SCORM compliant - this is common to other LMS platforms. Also, the gradebook could use some more views - but they're working on it!

Industry: E-Learning

Very Easy to Learn and Implement

Reviewed on 2/04/2019

Pros

I never had any formal training, but was able to pick this up quickly and easily - that is the sign of great, easy to use software. Customer service is quick to respond and VERY helpful as well which is lovely.

Cons

More ability to do things in bulk (bulk upload, bulk tag) would make an easy to use software even easier to use!

Industry: Internet

Makes learning quick and simple

Reviewed on 9/08/2019

Pros

I love that progress is saved across lessons and completion is tracked. Wanting to have every lesson available from the company completed is almost like a game. You don't want to stop running through courses so you can keep up your 100% completion rate. Quizes at the end, interactive lessons are nice little bonuses.

Cons

The dashboard is a little weak for discovery and the search is presented in a manner that results in 1 lesson producing many search results.