WooCommerce

eCommerce platform for WordPress

4.5 /5 (261 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.6
4.5
4.2
3.8
Jeanne M.
Industry: Performing Arts

Too difficult for novices; not enough in-box customizations for the savvy

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Pros

I like that it is widely integrated into Wordpress themes. I like that it's connected to Stripe and PayPal. It's automated emails are nice, as well. Plug-ins are nice (but they are expensive and often are required for things you would expect out of the box). It can be customized to some degree, which was helpful for us...in some other ways, it is a bit rigid and not quite what you would want if you are trying to replicate a retail experience.

Cons

I would never recommend this to anyone who wasn't very, very, very tech savvy. It is absolutely not an option for people who don't have a lot of web development experience. It tries to be a system on its own, but we have found you really have to simply take the purchase data out of Woocommerce and put it into your own CRM system. We have decided to stop using it for our purposes of registering students for classes. We may still use it for the sale of items, but probably not.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Ethan M.
Industry: Design

Useful Open-source E-commerce Solution

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Personally Woocommerce has added additional functionality to a number of my websites with sufficient payment processing services. I likely would utilize this plugin again for my next site at some point since I have had fond memories about using the platform in general. I have used them for jewlery specifically and it has functioned with my site for near the entirety of its presence.

Pros

One of the Better Ecommerce Plugins that has supported a variety of my businesses that has not only deployed a well designed, minimal web store for me within the context of my own website, but has helped me retain revenue and sales in a manner that presents my work in a beautiful and clean manner

Cons

Not available in a standalone manner and must be used within the context of wordpress applications thus making it only available to wordpress users from my understanding.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Antonio M.

The best Wordpress e-commerce plugin

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

All in all, it is the single best shopping solution for Wordpress. I used it on a few websites that I made and I loved it mainly because it was very easy and quick to set up. It saved me time and energy.

Pros

All of it. The beautiful out of the box shop front end, the ease of use, the great backend organization, the myriad of options, and the ease of setup. It is painless to set up to the point you only click a few buttons and you have a working shop.

Cons

There are many plugins for this plugin that don't come cheap. I'd love if they were a part of the software rather than buying them separately.

Sara T.
Industry: Graphic Design
Company size: Self Employed

When you have more time than money - worth learning!

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

It's absolutely a game-changer for me and my very small business. I sell items online and moved away from big commerce marketplaces because the fees were eating me alive in an already super competitive market. I can now run my own store on my own website and list as many items as I was for free. I also have the ability to modify Woocommerce however I see fit to my needs. It's a little tricky at first but worth the time investment considering it's a free opensource app.

Pros

It's free and it's open source! If you have the time and a little bit of patience this is well worth the investment of knowledge it takes to get it up and running. The modifications you can implement and the documentation on how to do so I plentiful online. Having the ability to manipulate such a versatile plugin for your website is monumental when running a small business and literally doing everything for yourself. You can also integrate print-on-demand stores like Printful into your Woocommerce store which is one of the best features!

Cons

It can be overwhelming. If you are not familiar with the backends of websites and a little coding this might not be for you. If you are unfamiliar with e-commerce this can also be overwhelming too. The language and deep level of modifications and settings can make your head spin.

Mir fida N.

Best and most widely used WordPress E-Commerce Plugin

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

I am really happy with overall experience of using Woo Commerce for online E Commerce store.
Free version fulfills most of small startup business requirements.Only hosting domain and other charges are needed to setup your own Business or online store website.Configuration is effortless but may be confusing for a total non tech newbie who use shopify only.Nonetheless after some practice it becomes a piece of cake.It is a much secure platform with helpful plugins to for add-on functionality.I would really recommend it for online E-Commerce store specially which are already running on WordPress CMS.

Pros

First of all it is plugin in word press environment which makes it m first and only choice as the best for making e-commerce functionality website.It has all the functions to run an online store easily with out much technical knowledge.Various plugin supplement and extend the Woo Commerce functionalities even further beyond.Payment processing and order management is handled efficiently and effectively.Too many functionalities like bulk upload,shipping management, contact info, payment management and etc make life easier to much extent like designing forms, creating custom checkout field , shop page custom price filter and minimum or max product quantities...etc.

Cons

Not much user friendly like shopify and other competitor.Still just little practice needed to learn it.Its related add-on plugins can be expensive.I had not faced any major technical issue using it.

Andy M.
Industry: Computer Software

Woocommerce Encourages Buyers to Buy

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

Works well with complete theme creative programs like Beaver Builder and DIVI themes. It also integrates well with Advanced Custom Fields which opens a large door to product customisation. Above all, a fantastic application for setting up an ecommerce shop without knowing too much about code or tricky customisations. It's a true plug n play application which works well with Wordpress.

Pros

This software is easy to setup and start adding products.
Assigning a redirect from any 'add to basket' product link directs buyers directly to the checkout page.
Woocommerce can easily be customised with simple choice buttons or additional CSS.
Allows you to connect easily with payment providers.
Works well with most popular SEO plugins.
You can easily create reports and integrate Woocommerce with Marketing CRM's such as Mailchimp.

Cons

Shipping is a bit tedious - I only sell to EU countries, so it would be nice if Woocommerce grouped countries together.
Live orders arrive in the orders menu but it would be nice to see what the product was without having to click on the eye icon.
Email notifications to customers are very basic. It would be better having a more advanced customiser which could incorporate a more customer friendly layout or upsell process.

Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Build Whatever You Want - Sell Whatever You Want

Reviewed on 16/02/2020

I've been using this to sell simple items, custom build items, and tickets to events.

Pros

This thing is so customizable its hard not to love it. You can sell anything from nuts & bolts to guitar lessons. You can add in whatever custom fields you need. You can expand the ease of use with the multitude of compatible plugins to solve shipping, invoicing, etc.

Cons

I'm a fairly DIY person, so I didn't mind hunting for solutions to my problems. However, I can see if folks are not inclined to be DIY about this they might be annoyed with the lack of documentation WITHIN Wordpress. However, there's tons of documentation available online as well as third-party plugins and support.

Brianna O.
Industry: Internet

A Best Selling Solution for Merchants

Reviewed on 19/01/2021

It dashboard owns a lot of features that can be used and facilitate if further customization and modifications are needed in your site. It also allows you to download a lot of apps for providing extra features and functions in it. You can integrate these apps with your online store and get various benefits through these apps. It analytic tool helps a lot in measuring product sales and helps in analyzing them on the basis of brands and dates, tracking orders and a lot more through it.

Pros

It is providing a lot of favours and facilities for medium and small scale businesses. No cost is needed for downloading and updating it. You can easily download the plugin of woo commerce by following some simple steps in WordPress as it is built by word press. It is providing you with a professional and appealing look for your e-commerce platform so that more customers and visitors will be attracted towards your platform.

Cons

It is providing restrictions on a lot of payment methods thus users have to face difficulties while choosing their payment method and in result, it will dissatisfy your customers. More processes are needed in it for management of its backend processes so that it will continue to work properly.

Fabian D.

My WooCommerce Review

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

amazing. Designed a good looking site with some plugins and maintenance is next to none.

Pros

This is the easiest platform to build an eCommerce store with. It integrates with almost any third-party software you may require and it gives you the functionality of WordPress.

Cons

the initial set-up takes a bit of time with all the integrations but once set-up this platform is a dream to work with.

Marie M.
Industry: Photography

Woocommece is fantastic for "shop" users

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

Overall, WooCommerce was a great starting point with immense value considering it's a free plugin. You cannot access my WooCommerce shop any longer directly on my website, because I've moved over to Podia. However, I've had so many things pinned to Pinterest. Those pins lead back to my Woocommerce shop pages. I still have sales that roll in once a month or so from those old pages! Because Woocommerce was free, I've kept it. It's a great little bonus to see those sales roll in that wouldn't happen if those products were created on a paid platform.

Pros

Everything about the Woocommerce plugin has been easy to use. I started using Woocommerce to sell various ebooks and guides on my website and it met my needs for that.

Cons

There's not a ton of customization you can do (at least without hiring a designer & developer or learning the code language yourself) and it's not great if you're a marketer who sees the value in a long-form sales page.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Tashfia F.

eCommerce site made easy

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

WooCommerce is one of the world's most popular plugins for a reason. It provides the options to completely set up any sort of transaction in your site for free. While it can be a bit overwhelming for users who are just starting out, there a lot of helpful resources. Pretty much a tonne of tutorials are available of the popular WooCommerce plugin along with great community resources.

Pros

The range of options and flexibility in WooCommerce is absolutely astounding. No matter what kind of subscription, membership, single/group product price tag you want in your site- WooCommerce has it. No matter what kind of transaction a site needs, a WooCommerce integration is all it takes to easily add price tags and shopping cart to your site. It handles most of the hassle of the transaction for you.

Cons

The UX within the plugin can definitely be improved for users who are not that tech-savvy. If the plugin navigation was made easy, WooCommerce will stay unbeatable.

Adam L.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

The most customizable shopping cart plugin for Wordpress

Reviewed on 8/07/2019

Overall it's a wonderful, free plugin that many Wordpress themes have built-in support for. Just about any kind of customization options are available with Woocommerce, from automatic review requests mailers, affiliate programs, SEO optimization, support for Facebook and Google re-targeting campaigns.

Pros

You can build a functional eCommerce site using Woocommerce + Wordpress for free.
The 3rd party support community is huge. Need an obscure payment country specific payment processor plugin? It's probably available for Woocommerce.

Cons

Setting up everything like connecting custom payment processors, warehouse stock, sku numbers and advanced features is not as easy as something like Shopify. Might not be the best choice for someone looking for a simple eCommerce solution.

Tim M.
Industry: Civic & Social Organisation

Any feature you could need for e-commerce, for a nickle and a dime

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 4/12/2019

WooCommerce enables our team to run a hybrid digital and physical goods store. By adding additional plugins, we've been able to make a very powerful e-commerce experience.

Pros

Since WooCommerce is built on Wordpress, it is incredibly customizable. I hand-coded the cart and product pages for our website.
It has an extensive library of plugins to extend functionality.
There's a great user community around WooCommerce since its so widely used.

Cons

While free, a lot of advanced features require purchasing an additional plugin. It can feel like its designed in a way to garner upgrades here and there (Nickle-ing and dime-ing the power users). It is hard to get direct support, so you'll depend on the community and Stack Overflow for questions.

Shyam K.
Industry: Semiconductors
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Perfect tool to sell products with combination of wordpress

Reviewed on 29/09/2019

Amazing. Its a powerful tool and does the task as expected.

Pros

Its integration with Wordpress makes it amazing. Wordpress has stunning website designs. Integrating Woocommerce with Wordpress makes it a strong blogging and commerce tool. It has got lot of features and payment gateway interactions to choose from.

Cons

I personally didn't find much cons on this software as I switched over from high fee and pricey tools to woocommerce and I don't regret my decision.

Cameron S.
Industry: Farming

Low cost solution for e-commerce on Wordpress

Reviewed on 30/04/2020

After creating a Wordpress e-commerce site with WooCommerce, I was pleased with the capabilities of the platform to sell products on my site without all the extra costs that competitors charge. It allowed me to customize my site the way I wanted while providing a low-cost e-commerce solution to my client.

Pros

- Customizability
- Large availability of integrations + add-ons
- Multiple payment integrations
- Wordpress compatible

Cons

- Not as easy to set up as a Wordpress site
- Email customization options are limited but can be bypassed with 3rd party
- Mobile app for managing store orders has not worked for me

Dominique S.
Industry: Translation & Localisation
Company size: Self Employed

WooCommerce is great for many businesses, but not freelancers.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 1/11/2019

I really wanted WooCommerce to work for my business because it had a lot of features that Easy Digital Downloads doesn't -- but WooCommerce is not good for freelancers and those who sell services online. I was upset when I switched because even though EDD works better for my transcription services, I felt like I was missing out. WooCommerce is technically free, but you'll definitely need extensions to run your store -- and they add up quickly and can be costly. Overall, I'd say for retail and physical products, WooCommerce seems like an excellent option that I would absolutely recommend. BUT for freelancers, take the loss and stick with Easy Digital Downloads -- unless WooCommerce adds freelancing features!

Pros

- It has more features and customization than EDD in many ways.
- Great way to make money with your online business and ecommerce.
- WooCommerce is well-known and therefore more trusted than other plugins from my experience.
- Several payment methods for customers including PayPal
- Many extensions
- You can create discounts and coupons for your customers, which is great.

Cons

- WooCommerce isn't good for freelancers. This was the dealbreaker for me and the reason I switched to Easy Digital Downloads, which has less features than WooCommerce.
- WooCommerce is super difficult to figure out for newbies. You really need to be proficient in WordPress and website building to navigate it with ease. It's a bit overwhelming and intimidating at first, but so is WordPress in general!
- Like most of the WordPress plugins which claim to be free, if you want full functionality and features, expect to spend money. Extensions are basically necessary to run your business and definitely add up quickly and can end up costly to run your store the way you want to.

Kevin W.

The Best Way To Get Paid On Your Wordpress e-commerce store

Reviewed on 11/09/2018

Pros

So many plugins that makes the end-user and administrator happy. You can get complete analytics for sales, abandoned carts, and integrate custom email campaigns with Woocommerce. Set up is easy with a low learning curve as when you first install the plugin it immediately shoots you into a quick start setup. There are tons of tutorials online that make Woocommerce more efficient as well as resolving issues a snap.

Cons

Depending on your hosting resource limits adding Woocommerce can slow down the performance of your website.

Patrick G.
Industry: Internet

Can get messy when scaling

Reviewed on 6/12/2020

Pros

WooCommerce is by far one of the most impressive WordPress plugins out there. It makes it unbelievably simple to turn almost any WordPress site into one's very own e-commerce website. It also supports multiple international payment gateways like PayPal and Stripe, and provides little hassle when listing products.

Cons

WooCommerce REQUIRES all users to have purchased their own form of hosting, domain registration and deployment of WordPress from third parties, and offer no form of support should one of the 3 provide issues, which could also result in failure to process sales. A huge risk one has to take when using WooCommerce.

Emanuele B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

The new standard for ecommerce website (until 10.000 sku)

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Pros

Comparing Woo to Prestashop and Magento, it's the best solution if you have a limited number of SKU. Woo with elementor gives you granular control on any aspect of your website design.
You have free plugin for almost every and any idea you may have for your e-commerce

Cons

If you have more than 10.000 SKU maybe Magento or Prestashop are more reliable. But they ask you to pay for anything and do not leave you the same flexibility of Woo

Brian B.

WooCommerce gets us paid on TIME!

Reviewed on 12/02/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

WooCommerce is the go to platform for e commerce.

Pros

This is a great payment solution for our wordpress websites. They have never failed at processing our payments and offer solutions for multiple transaction levels. In all honesty, they are the only company I know that handles this because I have never looked any further. Enjoy it.

Cons

Some price increases and hikes for more specialty services and features, but thats expected. Everyone has to make money.

Eduardo A.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Just wow

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

Amazing. So easy to get things up and running, yet so powerful. The developer community around it is the best.

Pros

Free. Easy to use. Tons of customization of functionality. One of the easiest ways to launch your online store.

Cons

You need to know your way around wordpress; once you do that, you're set. Also, some of the updates break other plugin functionality, but that happens with most software that supports third-party plugins.

Igor N.

The cheapest way to make a scalable profesional e-commerce page

Reviewed on 23/09/2018

Pros

Its free expandable through plugins and with a HUGE community working behind it allowing for almost any changes or additional features you need for your e-commerce to be implemmented using plugins, compatible with most recent free and premium themes and wordpress plugins.

Cons

When you start to stacking plugins over plugins to solve all the small missing features or changes you want, your site's complexity start to grow and sometimes is very difficult to optimize it so you have a good performance out of it, a good server and some caches are essential.

Industry: Apparel & Fashion

WooCommerce a customisable ecommerce platform

Reviewed on 16/11/2019

Pros

If you are patient enough to learn and want to have a customised ecommerce platform that is free then WooCommerce is for you. WooCommerce is a great platform with excellent functionality but you need to learn some developing skills

Cons

You need to be tech savvy to use WooCommerce.

Adam J.
Industry: Government Administration

Easy web design

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Our website is great, we're really happy with it. It's easy for us to edit content, as well as add new products to the store. It integrates with numerous other solutions easily, such as Stripe and Afterpay, among others. Great product.

Pros

The ease of use in creating a website. You don't have to be a programmer or coder to make a beautiful web page and store.

Cons

I've found that sometimes the scaling doesn't work perfectly when changing browser window sizes, but this is probably a fault at my end, not the software.

Anissa C.
Industry: Graphic Design
Company size: Self Employed

Highly Recommend WooCommerce for your Online Shop Needs!

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

I enjoy WooCommerce for what it's worth. I've used WooMembers which is very helpful!

Pros

I like that it is easy to set up and allows you to have many different options when creating products.

Cons

There are a lot of add-ons required if we really wanted to have completely custom options. This can get pricey after a while.