Clover

Comprehensive point of sale & business management solution

4 /5 (288 reviews) Write a Review!
3.7
3.9
4.2
3.6
Gordon D.
Industry: Sporting Goods

Needed a new Payment Processor and they killed it

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

Customer service has been great to work with. The integration with my website was beyond simple which is what I need running a 2 person business.

Pros

The ease of which I was able to set up an account for my business and integrated it into my website was astonishing. Most people think of clover as a POS system but I primarily use it on the back side of my website and needed the option for a mobile POS. They have it both.

Cons

The cost of equipment that is needed to use this software as a POS is a bit daunting. There are different levels of equipment, but they are all a little pricey.

Briana C.
Industry: Hospitality

Overpriced, poor customer service

Reviewed on 16/01/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I wouldn't recommend Clover to any business owner. We tested it out for about a month and are not able to access reports that we need - they disappeared with no notice - and the customer service is horrific. They just keep sending me links to their website, but not helping get the reports. And they are really rude. The reason we decided against Clover is because every little thing you need as a business owner is additional money - to get it to talk to any of your accounting software, to have a mailing list, etc.- and it just doesn't do what you need. You can't have tax included in your price, only add on to it. You can't give a 100% discount on a ticket without it charging tax on the original cost (who charges tax on $0.00?). The iPhone app to see reporting for what's happening when you're away from your business is incredibly clunky. Overall it's a terrible user experience. There are loads of better options out there.

Pros

Honestly, we really didn't like anything about Clover from the start - we hoped we would get used to it + like it, but it's pretty terrible.

Cons

Inability to include tax with the price, poor UX on the mobile dashboard app, terrible customer service, third-party apps to connect to accounting software are expensive and don't always deliver, high price for low value.

Graham W.
Company size: Self Employed

Not for Retailers

Reviewed on 23/11/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The problems come with the back office.
The inventory system is basic to say the least, items sold at the till do decrease the totals, but all purchase quatities have to be done manually, you cannot set min and max stock levels, or re-order levels with the bundled system, so re-orders have to have a physical stock check, I am still trying to work out how this saves me time and money.
Clover relies heavily on thrid party APPs, which they absolve themselves of all responsibility in their T's & C's. These Apps are expensive
(The Shopventory APP is £40 Pm +VAT)
The E-Commerce integration does not work.
The Magento integration is for Magento 1m which was made obsolete in June 2018, and is no longer supported.
The Shopify integration does not work either, and for me failed at the first hurdle, (I have now been waiting 14 days for a fix).
I purchased a barcode reader they recommended, not even their support staff could get it to work, I was promised a fix, five months ago.
In my opinon this system out of the box is not for retail, unless you want to see your profits dwindle through the purchase of expensive APP's.
The actual helpdesk staff are very helpful, but they can only do so much.
The actual management are a nightmare to deal with.
I first presented some of these issues within 30 days and was promised a fix, five months later I am being told that even though I registered those issues it will cost me over £1500 to get out of a 48 month contract.

Pros

The till itself is fantastic, it looks ultra sleek and ultra modern, customers love it.
And that is about it

Cons

It was sold to me as a solution to me retail needs it certainly is not

Abiodun O.
Industry: Automotive

Clover - Recent switch from Square and we are saving a TON of money in fees

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Now, with Clover, we have a clover mini and the POS is great,. We needed a system that could print paper receipts.

Pros

We switched and saved. Before, we were paying a certain percentage across the boards, with Square. Now we have great fees and pricing with Clover.

Cons

The thing I like the least, which is common with systems like Clover, it took a while to get acclimatized and for funds to make it to our account in a timely manner.

Katie S.
Industry: Mental Health Care

This software & accompanying app are a good way to accept CC payments securely from remote locations

Reviewed on 5/06/2018

The reason why we choose this software was the hardware that allowed us to accept chips instead of a standard slide of a credit card which is much less secure. Also, because we have individuals accepting payments in remote locations, it was necessary to choose a device that could be used on cell phones or tablets.

Pros

What I like most about Clover is the ability to take payments on any Smart phone or tablet. Each user has a unique username and password that has certain functionality depending on the permissions given to the user which is necessary when multiple user types will be using the software.

Cons

What I like least about the software is that you must enter a person's name on the order because only sometimes does the card reader capture the card holder's name making it tough to manually reconcile registers after the fact. Also, the app has the option to use a pin number to avoid having to enter a username and password each time, but the app frequently shuts down when inputting the pin and forces the user to always enter their username and password.

Josh S.

Great for small businesses

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Overall Clover has been a good, reliable POS. It is a bit pricey and to purchase yourself out of the contract costs a lot too, but we don't plan on switching at this time

Pros

We use clover as our POS and we really enjoy it. There is a client facing part of the POS so if the want to leave a tip we don't need to ask them, creating an awkward situation. Clover makes it easy to complete the day's sales and close the batch. It also helps us track tips and commissions for each of our employees. It's an overall great system to have

Cons

I wish there wasn't a contract as we want the option to switch if we find something that better fits our needs

Josh H.
Industry: Environmental Services

Great Software, Great Rate!

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

It has enabled my team to be streamlined which has kept costs down and productivity up!

Pros

This has been the best credit card processing solution I have ever used. Clover Go is very straight forward and does not operate in a shady manner like the rest of the industry. The software platform is easy and very useful.

Cons

I wish processing Credit Cards on a desktop for phone orders was an easier process. Other than that, this software is great!

Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 5/03/2019

Pros

Clover is really useful especially for small businesses since most of payments done by bank cards nowadays. Also, the devices are really convenient and there are several sizes as well.

Cons

I really hate to see that clover device is suddenly offline. That is really uncomfortable especially if you are about to get payment. I need to restart the device while customer is waiting next to me and this process takes around 5 mins.

Jenn M.
Industry: Entertainment

It's fine, but not exceptional

Reviewed on 24/02/2019

It's fine. I wouldn't say it's any better than Square, but it's perfectly functional.

Pros

I use this to process payments at the door of a music venue, and it's perfectly functional. Nice to be able to pair the card reader to the device using bluetooth instead of having to use a headphone or power jack.

Cons

It's weird that sometimes, when I look back on the 'Transactions' screen, transactions that take place after 9pm PST that day don't show up. So I can't get a full review of my day's transactions?

It doesn't store people's info for receipts like Square does, so if they want a receipt, they have to type in their phone number or email every time.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Robert L.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Been with Clover since Beta

Reviewed on 18/09/2018

Pros

I love Clover!!! Been with them since Beta and they have improved so much. Their app store has so many great tools. I have 4 locations and will continue to use Clover as I continue to grow pass 8 location.

Cons

NONE. lol really they have all solutions through their app market and they continue to improve.

Connie S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

It works well for us.

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

We can easily process in person and phone payments. We can check transactions remotely using the website. The step by step touch screen makes it very user friendly for all staff members.

Pros

The touchscreen is user friendly. Customer support is fairly good. Able to use even when the internet is down.

Cons

Minor glitches from time to time with adding tips after a debit card purchase.

Katarina F.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We got Clover POS terminal for our diner. We added Clover mini and we took down old kitchen wheel and replaced it with printer connected to POS system. Could not be happier with our choice. System upgrades by itself with no extra charge. At the beginning we spent quite some time on the phone with support. I am proficient user of Aloha and system was new to us. eryone was very helpful. Tech team was able to log in with our permission into system and fix or adjust anything and everything we needed. Without additional chargers.
Only thing we don't like about it is emloyees are able to open tables and access other functions without being clocked in. They r able as well access each others tables. We keep a close eye on the floor however with a larger operation I can see this being a sourse of problems.
Tracking sales, number of items sold, average ticket size, accurate reporting is a breeze.
Overall its a great system for the price we paid compared to other restaurant POS Systems out there.

Pros

Very self explanatory.
User friendly.
Intuitive.

Cons

Employees able to access each others tables.
Employees able to access functions without being clocked in.

Danyel T.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: Self Employed

I am very happy

Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the fact that there are so many options and it able to be synced with so many things There are alot of options and it is just very easy to use

Cons

As of right now I can not say I can think of any cons The product itself is very user friendly and its just very easy

Industry: Financial Services

Love it

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Pros

We just love love love clover. It's the best payment processing tool out there. We use clover for all our payment processing. However, it's much more than that. It practically can automate your entire workplace starting from attendance management to customer tracking to inventory management, to product tracking to sales management and what not.

Cons

Nothing can compete with Clover today. It's the best it can get.

Industry: Biotechnology

Perfect for Small Business

Reviewed on 8/01/2020

I couldn't accept credit payment for months until I joined up with Clover. All better now

Pros

Clover systems like the POS and cellphone app make it painless to take payments as a small business. They back that up with decent customer service too

Cons

Assigning permissions to different employee and management tiers can be a pain, but once the boss is up to speed it runs smoothly

Melissa H.

Terrible customer service

Reviewed on 30/07/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Not great at all unfortunately. Would jot use them again.

Pros

look nice, easy to use..................

Cons

Customer service is TERRIBLE. from installment through to day to day issues. If you email a problem takes up to a week for someone to get back to you. If you call with an issue you are usually on hold for over an hour. Not great if you are having a problem in the restaurant

Tony M.
Industry: Supermarkets

Outstanding

Reviewed on 24/07/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Easy to Setup and user friendly. Statistics and performance reports are excellent. History of performance is great.

Cons

None, but bilingual customer support will be nice to have in spanish speaking regions like Puerto Rico.

Chris D.

Best POS for Customizing Your Business

Reviewed on 15/07/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

There are a large number of apps for specific tasks. This POS can be customized to work with our business better than any other in its' price range. The user interface is very clean and intuitive.

Cons

Adding inventory and updating items is cumbersome and time consuming. The bar code scanner is very unreliable.

Sleek and easy to use

Reviewed on 20/08/2018

Pros

Clover is easy to use but also has a bigger range of complex functionality than other cloud-based POS systems. The terminal is very modern but also familiar to customers, the customer facing screen is a big plus. Can accept swiped and chipped cards.
The screen is similar to a smartphone or tablet, it's a touch screen with a pin lock and different "apps" that make it simple to navigate. It has a "test" or training mode that is very helpful in teaching new employees, and most new employees that have used a smartphone catch on quick.

Cons

Setting up your products and sales flow takes some time in the beginning but is then simple to change and customize. There are occasional freezes or bugs but nothing that is difficult to resolve.

Industry: Law Practice

Cumbersome but Functional

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Pros

Like being able to see my POS data remotely either via PC or via Clover app for my phone.

Cons

I use it mostly for payroll and the Employee reports are not functional. Unless I'm missing something, I have to export the data and summarize/total by employee. This is not a problem when I'm at a computer but if I'm travelling I can't get to the data easily. Also don't like the Beginning of Day and end of day functionality.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Blake D.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

BE WARNED.

Reviewed on 17/09/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The reality is Clover Has one of the higher processing rates out of a huge pool of processing systems. Unfortunately, I thought it was a good idea when I started to process credit cards. Every statement I received I couldn't believe how much I was paying in fees. At least I had the common sense to call and get price quotes from other businesses. I am saving THOUSANDS a year after switching. It seems your paying a premium for a brand, nothing they offer is unusual for a processing system. Most other companies are comparable and have a better processing fee. The processing company I went with was Central Payment (thier customer service will work with you too!)

Pros

Easy to set up and integrate, fast processing speed, more apps than you will ever use. Unfortunately, that's all the good that comes out of this system

Cons

POOR customer service, Locked in for years (even if your company closes), THEY ARE NOT COST EFFECTIVE!

Radouane E.

This system is GARBAGE

Reviewed on 24/01/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The system is very easy to use and does not require special skills or training. The online dashboard offers good reports.

Cons

Not very advanced
You must pay extra for advanced functionalities and apps
The clover station is a real piece of garbage. I have spent a ton of money to own one then it broke. The is no repair parts out there to get it fix. When I called clover, their only solution was to buy another one. For the price they make customers pay, these devices should be built to last. Mine barely worked for 2 years and the screen digitizer started malfunctioning.

Tracy S.

Clover Go for Credit Payments

Reviewed on 17/02/2018

Pros

Nice to be able to have a device that can connect to your phone & use to get payments for your business. Also the payment go right into your bank account the next day.

Cons

Sometime just trying to make it stay connected to your phone within losing on connection. Need to make sure your phone case doesn't get in the way

Jenny F.
Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 18/04/2019

It is a good small business credit card machine. You have to get used to it tho and should check before getting it if it talks to your other products

Pros

I like that how easy the credit card function is

Cons

It doesn't run daily reports with name and amount like I need it to. Also, doesn't talk to other apps

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Evelyn L.
Industry: Construction

Higly recommended

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 8/10/2019

My company was previously using an old merchant service that upon changing to Clover it has made any credit card transaction super easy for our business

Pros

Very easy to use, all transactions are save in my tablet and if any discrepancy I can easily backtrack. Trying it as a 30 day free trial but I will definitely be purchasing this software.

Cons

I Just started using this software and as of yet, I have absolutely no Cons when it comes to this software.