Hiveage

Online invoicing & billing software for small businesses

4.9 /5 (48 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
Bernard B.

Awesome little invoicing tool!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

If you're in the market for a simple and streamlined invoicing tool for your small business, Hiveage is the best and most thorough program out there!! We use this not only for billing, but keeping a handle on our businesses checks and balances. We get everything we need in one convenient place and for one low monthly rate. Customer service is always fast and friendly and our customers like the professional look and clear breakdown of what they are purchasing. From all of us at Senchant's Art of Teaching, Thank You Hiveage!!

Pros

Ease of creating clear and concise invoices that look professional. Ability to create income and expenses and export for tax purposes. Very inexpensive and great customer support.

Cons

Default payment button attached to invoices is sometimes confusing for our clients. We do not have this feature setup and would just prefer the button not be there.

Shauna H.
Industry: Ranching

Does everything we need

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

We were wasting a lot of time with our previous system. Hiveage has helped us recoup a lot of wasted time and energy.

Pros

Ease of use, customization and customer support. The customer support is excellent, hard to beat.

Cons

Expense for our needs. At this time there are many features that we aren't taking advantage of but we're paying for. In the future I foresee us using many more of the features but for now it's mainly a reference resource for our deliveries and customers. If there were a more basic plan that enabled us to utilize more basic features and pay a smaller monthly fee that would be helpful.

Theric K.
Industry: Sporting Goods

Where is the customer support team?!

Reviewed on 19/08/2019

I had high hopes and want to continue using their service and vouch for their service but with the lack of customer service response on issues that affect our usage I can't recommend anyone using this if they rely on this service for their day-to-day operation. Should be as glitch-free as possible and even if there are glitches any customer service help we need should be responded back within a few days max whenever possible.

I'm currently waiting at 7 weeks and counting with no reply back and that's unacceptable!

Pros

One thing I like about the software is that it has multi-currency invoicing which we need and an app where we can issue quotations and invoices on-the-go. Overall it should suffice for most businesses out there.

Cons

The lack of customer service response and also sometimes the platform is glitchy (e.g. you have a product preset and it doesn't pull up when you try add to an invoice, and if you add a new customer during the invoicing stage it doesn't add that new customer details to that invoice after you've entered all the necessary customer details and save those details).

These are sporadic issues and becomes an annoyance after a while.

They also pitched a custom domain option (which is one of the reasons we've signed up for this) and it worked initially and now doesn't work at all and says the feature is a beta feature (which was never mentioned on their website). When we have an issue with this and contacted customer service we get no response back and when they do they don't reply back. Live chat = non-existent. Email = no reply back.

Response from Vesess

Regarding the custom domain feature mentioned in this review: Hiveage continues to support custom domains, and the experimental feature that was discontinued was SSL support on custom domains (which was not promoted publicly). We were one of the few, if not the only, invoicing software to try this feature, but at the moment we do not have an ETA for re-introducing it.

As a policy we refrain from publicly commenting on matters specific to individual customers.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Nathan S.
Company size: Self Employed

I was on board after my first invoice

Reviewed on 24/10/2016

Hiveage has made my life so much easier. I can just set it and forget it with most of my recurring billing clients. It's definitely worth the $100 a year to me - just in time savings alone. It's so simple to set up for 1 or 100 clients on one-off or recurring billing.

Step 1. Add your client's email and details
Step 2. Add your own Paypal (or whatever you want) account info
Step 3. Make your itemized invoice - set it to recur every X months.
Step 4. Hit send
Step 5. Wait for your money

System automatically sends invoices, reminders and payment receipts and marks them as paid once the funds come in. I only use Paypal but clients don't need to have Paypal to make payments. You can even track when a client has viewed the invoice.

It had perfectly scaled with the growth of my business, and I see loads of room for future expansion if I ever need it.

Customer support has always been helpful and ultra fast.

Pros

Simple to use and saves me so much time.
Very inexpensive.
No transaction fees, just my annual fee based on the services I use.

Cons

Some functions take a few clicks to get to which could maybe be simplified & an alternate default view for showing which invoices are outstanding would be helpful.

Fedja H.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Perfect lightweight SME invoicing

Reviewed on 24/10/2016

I've tried many invoicing apps to support my consulting business accounting, and Hiveage is by far the most useful. When most of your attention is focused on running your business, apps that are either too complex are just as much of a problem as those which don't do everything you need them to. Hiveage strikes the balance I need perfectly, allowing me to breeze through invoicing with minimal effort.

Pros

User interface, ease of use, clarity, and reporting.

Cons

Could use multilingual invoice templates

Melissa M.

I love Hiveage!

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

Pros

I love the look of the software, and especially being able to customize the look of my invoices. I also love the ease of changing emails and invoices.

Cons

I wish tracking expenses could be better organized and separated by year. Also, I wish I could send emails via my gmail account. There were a few times when my emails would go to spam.

Nathan W.
Industry: Photography

Reliable, easy to use invoicing for small businesses.

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

HIveage has allowed me more time doing what I love and less time worrying about who has/hasn't paid their invoices. Notifications on how long an invoice has been outstanding have been super helpful in terms of reminding outstanding accounts.

Pros

Hiveage has provided me a cost effective way to manage my small businesses invoicing without the hassle of learning something like quickbooks. Being able to access my invoices on the go has allowed me a freedom I din't expect out of a low-cost software. Also, being able to pull yearly reports has helped a lot during tax season! The interface is fast and reliable, I've had no problems with crashing or lost data.

Cons

I wish there was an option to send out an invoice with an estimate header so clients didn't think the quotes I am sending are payable.

Pavel S.

Hiveage Review - Best bang for the buck

Reviewed on 26/12/2016

Best bang for the buck. Back in 2014, I reviewed various services and Curdbee (which turned into Hiveage) was the best for my needs. I am a private tutor (only 1 person accessing the account) that needs regular billing, a summary of all invoices with invoice numbers.
Note that this is not a burn software (which is a good thing! Tax people like this!), meaning invoice numbers cannot be deleted/changed (as far as I know) - this allows you to keep records good for the Canada Revenue Agency.

Pros

Cost for software as a service. Too many other companies charge way too much for simple invoicing.

Stephanie H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Easy to Manage our Clientele

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Pros

I love this program! We all work remotely in our company, so this program makes it easy for us all to access client info if we are working on multiple projects. We can easily save images, pdfs, any files to their account within Hiveage.

Cons

Only thing I do not like is when I go to download an attachment from the client's portal within Hiveage is that it opens in a new tab for me.

Excellent invoicing software compatible with many gateways

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 30/03/2018

Pros

I like the customizable invoice page, the customizable domain, the variety of gateways to choose from, the ease of use, the reliability, and just the overall experience. I have been using it for over 2 years and not had a complaint.

Cons

The only con I would have is that it can be a little difficult to set up if you aren't tech savvy. I did not have a problem but I've held back on recommending it to some folks because I didn't think they would be able to employ it.

Jill B.
Industry: Individual & Family Services
Company size: Self Employed

Easy to use, even for a novice like me

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

Pros

So easy to use, does everything I want it to do. I can track expenses and link them to invoices which makes record-keeping a breeze. I love that I can download pdf versions of my invoices if I need to and that it tracks all invoice activity.

Cons

I would like to be able to see the list of outstanding invoices on the app version dashboard - it states the total outstanding and how many invoices but you can't click to see those particular invoices the way you can on the desktop version.

Also, can it be linked to HMRC in the UK to make self-assessment easier?

Lance S.
Industry: Graphic Design

Straightforward Billing/Invoicing Solution for Professionals and Small Businesses

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

I've been using the service since 2011 while it was still called CurdBee and haven't turned back since. I've tried many other providers including a custom-made invoicing solution before (and alongside Hiveage), but because of how easy it is to use and how Hiveage streamlines our billing (and expense tracking) workflow – switching completely to Hiveage was an easy choice to make.

Pros

Ease of use and setup. Modularity is a great plus, it doesn't drown you with too many things to setup. You can easily enable modules you need and just not deal with everything else. Team access is also a great feature. The recent addition of a fully working phone app is also a plus.

Cons

Lack of useful and customisable dashboard reports/charts.
Limited customisation on the layout of invoices sent out.
A bit pricey compared to mainstream providers with the same offering - but I still think it is value for money.

Randall B.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Hiveage is very easy to use. We use it for all of our recurring invoicing

Reviewed on 16/06/2017

Easy of billing and ease of pay for the customer

Pros

1) We like the simplicity of the interface. It's so easy to set u new customers ant d to bill them. 2) We like that the Mobile and Desktop experiences are pretty much the same experience. That's huge for us. 3) The customer service is awesome and they have been really quick to add or tweak features that are really needed.

Cons

There are a couple of things that bug me. We don't get a notification when a customer in auto pay has a credit card that becomes invalid. That's really needed. Also, there is a weakness in Sales Tax reporting. It's based on invoices sent and NOT on invoices paid. In my state (Texas, USA), sales tax is collected when money changes hands.

Daryl L.
Industry: Real Estate
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Software for Small Company or Individuals

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

Ease of set up and use. Cost effective for the purpose. Others I looked at were very expensive and did way more than what I wanted. This is perfect for small companies/individuals who want to manage invoicing/billing.

Pros

Love the ease of use for invoicing. Easy to set up and customize. I use it daily to invoice advertisers for our daily email newsletter and website. Very easy to maintain.

Cons

Would like to be able to archive individuals/companies I bill instead of the only option is to delete.

Cheryl C.
Industry: Graphic Design
Company size: Self Employed

Works well for freelance designer

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Pros

I like that I can track my time and then it is easy to turn it into an invoice. Turning on the clock when starting and off when finishing is great. Like how it keeps track of who has viewed my invoice and I can tell what invoices are outstanding.

Cons

The only think that I've run into is had a problem a couple times and was hard to find where to contact for customer service.

Afzal F.
Industry: Printing

The ultimate invoicing system

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

Have been using it for over 10 years, totally pleased with it. I am running two companies on it. Totally satisfied

Pros

The ease of use, convenience of online storage, estimated integrated with accounts. Receipt generations and payment reminders.

Cons

I have requested this many times, Hiveage doesn’t have job card integration with estimates and invoice. If that comes in I believe this would complete it.

Niall F.
Industry: Information Services

Very Handy

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

Very handy for all to use, the estimate setup is very nice too.

Pros

Its easy to use and connect. Clients can see statements too which is nice.

Cons

Sometimes invoice numbers cant be reused/edited.

Holly P.

Great Service

Reviewed on 20/10/2016

I have been using the Hiveage since day one and love it. So easy to use and great service!!! I recommend this for any type of business - small or large.

Pros

Very easy set up and love the recurring invoices.

Cons

Nothing

John D.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Perfect solution to easy invoicing.

Reviewed on 18/08/2016

Have used this software for around 16 months now and would not be able to use anything else. It is super easy to get used to and my customers also find it easy to open invoices. Very simple but effective software. Almost functions as a office administrator as it always reminds me if there are any outstanding invoices to chase.

Pros

Very easy to use and navigate

Cons

None at the moment

Mark Z.
Industry: Financial Services

Hiveage is Great

Reviewed on 20/10/2016

I have been using Hiveage for several years now. I am a financial adviser in the states and, unlike most financial advisers, I bill my clients directly. First I used Hiveage's free service but I upgraded two years to take full advantage of the system. It is a great value! It works very, very well for me. It is easy for me to use and just as easy for my clients as well. I am not an IT expert so it is important that the system be as simple as possible. And Hiveage is! I can't imagine getting more value for what I pay for Hiveage.

Pros

Easy to use and very effective

Cons

I have no cons

Boy S.

Hiveage does it right!

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

I've used tons of online invoicing solutions in the past. For me, Hiveage is the only one that does it right! I was sending invoices minutes after getting started. The interface is fast, intuitive and the invoices look professional. At the beginning of this month I've sent 6 invoices in less then 5 minutes, I knew exactly when people viewed the invoice and with the iDeal & Stripe integration all the invoices were paid in less then a week. One more thing, they're offering a 10% discount on your monthly subscription for a full year! Not sure if the coupon code is still valid but you can atleast try: SAVEMONTH10

Pros

Intuitive interface, quick and easy to set up, domain integration, great customer service, 14-day free trial.

Cons

Simply, no! They offer everything I need to run my admin smoothly. It would be nice to create estimates/invoices from the mobile app but they're working on that!

Magdaline M.

User Friendly, Easy Invoicing

Reviewed on 16/11/2019

I started using this software as a free service, but there was no hesitation when they raised their prices. It serves my purposes perfectly and makes invoicing and tracking projects/payments super simple.

Pros

It's very user friendly with a simple interface that helps me track jobs and payments easily.

Cons

I wish it were easier to find details like when an invoice was sent. This info is buried a little.

Ishan S.

Good Software, Mobile Apps lack a few features

Reviewed on 28/03/2018

Pros

Hiveage is a great software for freelancers and consultants and has almost every feature you'll ever want. They have usage based plans which allow you to pay for only what you want.

Cons

Mobile app lacks some reporting features and it can be hard to see some information that's readily available on web.

Rachael E.
Industry: Research

Exactly What We Needed

Reviewed on 20/10/2016

Hiveage has delivered a portable, easy to use invoicing program for our small business. The features have developed over the past few years so that we feel it has every feature we need and nothing that we don't. And it's completely affordable to boot!

Pros

Affordable, easy to use and not over complicated

Cons

Not much I don't like

Scott C.

Works for me.

Reviewed on 6/10/2016

I've been using Hiveage for years to help run my graphic design and Adobe software training business. From the beginning I've always liked its simplicity, pricing, and support. Perhaps there are other solutions with more features, but for me Hiveage just works.

Pros

Simplicity and support.

Cons

Lack of more export options.