Kashoo

Online accounting software for small businesses

4.5 /5 (120 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.2
Aryana R.
Industry: Consumer Services

I love Kashoo's Customer Support

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Their customer support and that it is cloud-based. The price is excellent. It is easy to set up a Chart of Accounts too. It important my transactions from my bank and CC is easy. That I can't create import rules. I would change the category but Kashoo wouldn't memorize it. Quicken enables you to create memorized categories.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Esther G.
Industry: Photography

Good alternative to Quickbooks

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

Kashoo is helping us keep all our finances straight. We run all our accounts receivable and accounts payable through Kashoo to keep up with our bottom line.

Pros

I like their online tutorials. I have zero accounting experience, but Kashoo's tutorials have helped us to understand what and how we need to track our business finances.

I also really like how detailed it it once you get the hand of how to use it. I can see at a glance how we are doing financially.

Cons

There is a pretty steep learning curve, especially if you don't have any accounting experience at all. I found it to be very, very confusing. The tutorials helped, for sure, but there was still a lot of back and forth with customer service who seemed to get annoyed with all our questions, especially since we have NO accounting experience.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jeff K.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

I consider Kashoo to be a trusted partner in my business

Reviewed on 11/10/2016

Overall Kashoo is a 5 star business. I only gave them 4 stars for features and functionality because no software is ever complete. For example, the mobile receipt capture software doesn't read my receipt and fill in the data entry for me. (Hint Hint kashoo - feature request)

The apps for mobile and iPad are great. I'm able to get everything done and stay up to date easily. The mobile capture works great and means no more piles or receipts lying around. The Web UI was recently updated to add the feature to import scanned and digital receipts too - a specific feature request of mine.

Kashoo is always investing in the development of the tool and the education of their customers. The addition of Kashoo U was great for education. I also take advantage of live chat and the always on knowledge base.

My accountant even became a Kashoo MVP which I was thrilled about. I like that I can give my accountant permission based access to the data to adjust and file.

Pros

Ease of setup, ease on use. Archiving and security of data.

Cons

I like everything about it, but encourage further development of the mobile capture services. There's still room to improved workflow and save customers time and money.

Glenn G.
Industry: Cosmetics

Review kashoo

Reviewed on 2/04/2019

I can see up to date my statement income monthly or yearly and compare, so i can adjust strategy when i want. Program everything up front bills. Find receipt paid , clients that buy on credit, when to call them. Bills to pay.
Can comepair booking with my bank statement, do monthly tax payment, download documents in exel, pdf etc

Pros

Its a simple to use day by day administration program. 24 hours eccess any where in the world. Get all financial information how your business is doing.

Cons

If your not good in english it will be hard to understand most instruction , like setting up certain things to get going, personaly i dont go to deep in setting up complicated administration things i dont understand, but when i have to you can get online help , only on working hours, not 24 hour. Maybe some more after hours asistance can come out handy, depens in which time zone you living.

Stuart O.
Industry: Design

Very easy to use.

Reviewed on 24/01/2017

Very intuitive software. I have been a CPA for over 40 years. Great for clients "on the go" to maintain accurate records. I use it for all my own personal use as well.

Pros

Portability, ease of use.

Cons

Would like to see more selectivity in reports.

Response from Kashoo

Stuart,
Thanks for the review. I am going to reach out to you directly to find out what is happening with your log-in process it should be a few seconds at most.

Zev S.
Industry: Program Development
Company size: Self Employed

Great accounting software that does everything I need

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

I use it to run several businesses. It is easy enough that I can use it myself while running my business. I can send invoices and take payments. Whenever I have a question, I can chat with customer service.

Pros

Intuitive design. Clean and uncluttered layout. Everything just makes sense. Customer service is fantastic!

Cons

I would like to see updates more frequently.

Keisha T.

Young, Fresh & AWESOME to use!

Reviewed on 27/08/2015

My experience with Kashoo has been amazing - I took my time looking for counting software for my new small business. Being a bit shy around numbers Kashoo has made my experience with money, transactions and invoicing very smooth and extremely professional. Before I had Kashoo I was creating my own invoices, based on very little knowledge - doing a tonne of work saving it all on my iPad and it was so unorganized. When I discovered Kashoo, I literally was on it for a few hours and re-did all my invoices for the year so that they were organized and presentable. I am extremely particular about organizing and Kashoo makes my life very simple when it comes to accounting! Everything you need Kashoo has - not to mention the webinars and the direct contact you get from their customer service. The young, up to date feel; relevant, fresh knowledge behind Kashoo makes it fun to do your accounting - clean, crisp, consise invoicing makes me feel comfortable, confident and a true small-business owner. The best thing about using Kashoo is that you can create an invoice in less than 30 seconds. A lot of the work I do can be last minute with clients calling in for a session in the morning - with a few finger taps I've got the invoice ready to be emailed by the end of the session - getting paid faster and making things easy for the client.
I would actually like to thank Kashoo for helping me get where I am today and be able to track my financials through their easy to use software. As a young small business owner Kashoo helped make organizing my finances a priority! Love it!!

Dave V.
Industry: Music

Great Canadian Accounting software

Reviewed on 7/09/2018

I've used Kashoo to track my finances as a professional musician for a few years now and it has never let me down. It's very fast to get in and out and do what I need to do. I love being able to support a Canadian company, in Canadian dollars :) Support has been very responsive when I've needed it.

Pros

Kashoo is very clean and lightweight. Not flashy, but that makes navigating the web app and iPhone app snappy.

Cons

Lacks some of the bells and whistles of the 'big boys' in this space - like integrations with other services. That's not something I need right now, but could be useful in the future. Kashoo's design can seem lacklustre at first. There's power in that, but it's not nearly as friendly-looking as Freshbooks, for example.

Chris B.
Industry: Construction

Better than Quckbooks Online

Reviewed on 9/04/2019

Pros

Ease of use and has a some great features that I could not get with quickbooks online.

Cons

The fact that it does not work on android.

Adam M.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Good. Would be great IF...

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Pros

Ease of use.
Customer service is good Everytime I need them.

Cons

No Android app. Ridiculous.
Needs dual layer security for login.

Alice B.
Industry: Law Practice

Happy to Support Canadian

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

Generally fine. I don't like that they doubled my fee last year and I am still considering moving elsewhere but haven't had time to test the other options.

Pros

I like that it's in the cloud and accessible anywhere. The customer service is also very responsive

Cons

It has some quirks that are not intuitive, and a few random software glitches. I have no fear for the security of my data but as a non-accountant/bookkeeper I struggle with a few things.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Angie F.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Ease and Affordability

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

Kashoo is easy to use, and affordable. It makes my bookkeeping simple, and easy. I have used it for many years now, with great success.

Pros

Ease and affordablitiy

Cons

I need to learn more about the software, but it is my own time I need to manage.

Jeff N.
Industry: Construction
Company size: Self Employed

Great small business accounting option

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

Pros

Easy set up, nice layout, and good mobile app (iPhone). The web app offers project management as well.

Cons

The inability to assign entries to specific projects from the mobile app seems a bit baffling and frustrating.

Industry: Music

Good Software Overall

Reviewed on 1/07/2019

It's great to have a centralised place to track and record all your bookkeeping which will make the year end much easier.

Pros

Great integration with Stripe conveniently invoice clients directly from the software

Cons

Limited selection of invoice templates that are horrible looking and not easily branded with your company logos .The account codes in the accounting ledger have to be changed manually if you want to align with your countries standardization.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Chris B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Easy to use, glad to have it!

Reviewed on 9/04/2019

Pros

I like the clean easy to use interface, quick data entry, project-based support, and customizable controls.
Bank reconciliation is painless as well, which makes that step an easy task instead of something to put off until later!

Cons

I really dislike that the multi-currency support completely cripples the Mobile App. It's forced us to use a less efficient workflow, which loses critical data related to exchange rates.

Monique D.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Kashoo with my agency

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Overall all i'd recommend this saas. if you're looking for an accounting software. Kashoo is good to use.

Pros

The UX/UI is easy to use, only took a hour to get familiar & set up everything. I needed a accounting software.

Cons

The support is very delayed. Sometimes would take a couple of weeks for they to answer a problem i would be having. They did state they would get back with me.

Kathi J.

So simple anyone can use it

Reviewed on 16/09/2015

I love Kashoo! I really like its simplicity of use, the ongoing training, great support whenever you need it, and Kashoo seems to care about the little guy, in my case gal. Don't get me wrong, there is room for improvement, there always is, but all-in-all this is a great improvement over my Excel spreadsheet and keeps getting better.

Paul G.

Love the bank feeds

Reviewed on 29/07/2015

The price and usability attracted me to try using Kashoo for managing my family trust. Since I have started I have never looked back. It is easy to use, the price is realistic and the few times I have needed some support the team at Kashoo responded quickly and effectively.
Love the bank feeds and love the product.

Fadi B.

DC Review - Kashoo

Reviewed on 18/08/2016

been using for 2 years and all is good and will continue to use.
the value for money is quite good and the software evolution is very good

Pros

easy to use, good value for money

Cons

some additional options might be needed especially on reporting

Stuart C.

Love the customer service

Reviewed on 6/12/2016

In the years I have been using Kashoo I have never had many reasons to contact customer service, but when I have they have always responded quickly, efficiently and are extremely friendly.

Alex D.

WORKS IF YOU RUN THE SIMPLEST OF BUSINESSES, DON'T EXPECT SUPPORT

Reviewed on 24/12/2011

Kashoo is a barebones accounting system, if you have the absolute most basic of accounting needs, it kind of works. Now that they seem to have sorted the issues they had a few months ago (they were down for days and weeks on end), its OK

Pros

Simple
able to log in anywhere
relatively inexpensive

Cons

Buggy
Inventory feature stinks, keeps getting corrupted, losing the inventory onhand
Not very robust
poor manual adjustment tools
Poor customer billing/no statement tools

Craig T.

Good cloud-based accounting software and great value

Reviewed on 3/11/2015

Very easy to use, yet powerful cloud-based accounting software at a good price.

Michael L.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Very good for what it does, and customer support is fantastic

Reviewed on 1/07/2019

Good, but needs additional functionality to be super!

Pros

It is simple and straightforward, and gives me generally what I need.

Cons

I really, really need the ability to do more than just 'Projects'. I really need to be able to nest 'Projects' or use categories and classes like Quickbooks. Plus, I need to get my data into a spreadsheet much more easily.

Vivek H.

Superb, snappy, comprehensive!

Reviewed on 21/08/2016

When I set up my business 5 years ago I knew I would need an easy-to-use accounting system. As an accountant myself I needed one with all the bells and whistles, and as a business owner I needed one that was easy to use from anywhere and fast and flexible. After experimenting with a number of unhappy options, I stumbled across Kashoo and it was love at first sight.

Pros

Clean, snappy interface; support for serious accounting (adjustments, transfers, trial balance, general ledger, supporting documents) over and above simple receipts and payments; cloud-based & browser-based so allows me access from anywhere and peace of mind regarding data security and backups. And I can share it all with my auditor sitting miles away at his Windoze PC so he doesn't have to take up space in my home office, where I happily update Kashoo using my iMac :)

Cons

Maybe a tad more support for drag-and-drop would be nice as would the ability to open it in multiple windows so I can cross-check and tally stuff a bit easier than going backward and forward in the same browser window.

John C.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Kashoo Review

Reviewed on 20/07/2019

No problems

Pros

Use of navigation and pop up help topics

Cons

Income and Expense pages dont "spring" back to last use eg looking at entries on say page 3 for example then leave that page but have to cycle back from latest listing page to page 3

Perhaps also better prompts on what to do at year end