Receipt Bank

The essential accounting platform.

4.2 /5 (81 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
3.8
4.2
3.8
Audrey M.
Company size: Self Employed

Great way to collect documents from clients on the go or in remote locations

Reviewed on 14/01/2021

So far I really like the program, it's improved a lot since I first started using the program. The surprise feature/pricing structure change was not pleasant, working with another accounting firm I know they felt the same.

Pros

I love that my clients can use their phones to send me documents. During audits and reviews it's easy to download excel spreadsheets with links to corresponding document images. It syncs with QuickBooks Online which is a definite must.

Cons

The program has a hard time with tax codes, especially custom tax codes used for Charities, NPO's, and Meal/entertainment codes. The document fetching and statement fetching is lacking, the only thing it has been able to fetch (for all my and my clients businesses) is one Rogers account and my Receipt Bank invoice.

Industry: Environmental Services

From paper to digital dreams

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

The overall experience has been amazing.

Pros

This reduced our paper filing by over 80%

Cons

The lack of approval levels to segregate groups of employees.

Elliott N.
Industry: Hospitality

Everything we need at the right price

Reviewed on 18/01/2021

Pros

Very easy to use. The interface is clear and user-friendly.

The lack of mandatory expense reports is a big plus in my view. When we used Expensify we had various issues dealing with expense reports. They aren't really necessary for our process, so eliminating them saves time. Also, now an issue with one transaction won't hold up the rest of the report.

The OCR is very accurate compared to our previous software (Expensify and Veryfi), and did seem to learn how to read different vendors' invoices when I had to make some corrections (e.g. pulling invoice date instead of order date).

Customer support was responsive and had a great attitude.

Pricing is transparent and inexpensive compared to some competitors.

Works well for both employee expenses and general accounts payable.

Cons

OCR processing time is slower than we would like. Items can be processed manually when needed, however.

Multiple approval flows would help manage expenses by department.

Doesn't integrate correctly with our bank. This seems to be an issue with our bank and the third-party integration software, but still.

Boyd T.

I use this to input all of my receipts for my business.

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Ease of inputting receipts into accounting software.

Pros

I can auto-forward bills and invoices I receive via email to Receipt Bank, the ones which are consistent, I can even auto-publish to my accounting software (XERO)

Cons

I'm in Canada and have a few bills I pay in US funds. Occasionally a receipt will spontaneously switch currencies for no apparent reason.

Sam J.
Company size: Self Employed

Good software but could be cheaper for smaller practices

Reviewed on 5/12/2019

My practice used to receive paperwork by various channels and we were always chasing clients. This has made it easier for the client to submit paperwork, though there is still definitely some chasing! Overall, a good product.

Pros

This software has streamlined the ways clients supply paperwork to my practice. Clients are generally happy with using it and it is very intuitive.

Cons

The pricing structure doesn't differentiate between different sizes of practice except for single users so the savings scale massively for larger companies.
Clients can be confused about submitting multiple invoices by email.
Doesn't split across classes/departments in basic product

Brooke H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: Self Employed

Easy expense tracking for small business

Reviewed on 3/09/2018

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Receipt Bank! Simply taking a photo of my receipts has alleviated so much stress when it comes to month end and just the general brain space it takes to keep track of paper receipts.

Cons

I honestly don't have any complaints about the software.

Industry: Design

So easy and versatile!

Reviewed on 2/08/2018

Accountability and record keeping is greatly improved!

Pros

My company started using this to keep us in compliance - and keep our accountant happy.
IT IS AWESOME! There are so many ways to upload receipts - it makes this extra step in our work day so much easier. You can scan and upload the receipt via their website. You can send it to a personalized email address to upload the receipt, you can use their app... it is fantastic. And our accountant is super happy with the results!

Cons

I can honestly say there isn't anything bad about this program. It stinks we have to take the extra time to be more diligent about our receipts, but the program really helps ease that hassle.

Justin G.

Organized

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 10/01/2020

Overall it is a good software that focuses on the end user vs employee entering the expenses.

Pros

Receipt bank is great for organizing expenses. You snap a photo and when processed you can organize by date.

Cons

I use the software for expense reimbursement. It can get annoying taking a picture then waiting till later in the day for it to get processed.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Angela N.

Receipt Bank Review

Reviewed on 5/08/2019

VERY BAD, EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.
SALES TEAM SAID TECH SUPPORT WERE SUPERSTARS, THEY DON'T EXIST. YOU HAVE A WEB PAGE AND A CHAT ROOM. UGH SO FRUSTRATING!!!
SALES TEAM LEADS YOU TO BELIEVE YOU GET MORE THAN YOU REALLY ARE. USELESS IF YOU USE QUICK BOOKS DESKTOP.

Pros

the ocr technology is very good. i get my own free account

Cons

ZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT.
SALES TEAM MISLEAD CAPABILITIES OF INTEGRATION TO QBD.
EXCESSIVE SET UP TIME.
NO ASSISTANCE TO HELP YOU GET YOUR CLIENTS SET UP AND RUNNING WITH THE APP.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Jack P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Useful tool that assists with efficiency

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

This app is perfect for anyone needing a reduction in the hassles of keeping up with receipts or invoices for ongoing or recurring expenses, especially when needing to submit expense reports and be reimbursed. Although it could use a few enhancements on intuitiveness and user experience, this is a great tool which drastically reduces time consumption for compiling and saving receipts, invoices, etc., by minimizing time spent compiling, tracking and submitting those items. It also allows payroll personnel to easily manage and facilitate employee or contractor expenses and/or reimbursements. Very useful.

Pros

Seamless upload of receipts/invoices
Intelligent handling and rendering of scanned/copied files
Big-time time-saver!
Makes creating and submitting expense reports very simple and quick

Cons

Moderate learning curb
Help tools are for admin side, not really applicable to user-end inquiries

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Pia D.

Safes times and helps to be organized

Reviewed on 7/07/2018

Pros

This application has helped me to be organized with the receipts and invoices for the bookeeping, it saves me time with all the filing and input. I have done a trial session and will keep trying it, it has made a difference in the amount of time i spend on bookeeping and my bookkeeper is also happy.

Cons

Sometimes there are some errors when I try to upload receipts and email them, nothing mayor so far, but it doesn happen. I haven't encountered too many other faults yet, but I just started.

Massive time saver

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 9/01/2018

Pros

Much quicker than inputting receipts manually. Integrates with different accounting software. Can read emails as well as pdf and pictures.

Cons

Expensive unless used a lot as have to pay a set monthly fee rather than pay per usage. As accountant/bookkeeper works out more expensive than another app i use. Sometimes changes things when it sends across to accounting package so uses time up rechecking.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Matthew T.
Industry: Construction

Wonderful for using a phone to track receipts

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Pros

Super simple concept take a shot of a receipt, let OCR read it and enter in, save it onto a server and don't think about it again. Pulls receipts from amazong and G-suit which saves time logging in.

Cons

For me Quickbooks Desktop sync was tough and at the current moment after trying for 5hrs to get going not working. But, I found that it's easier to manage once I gave up on that feature.

Scott E.

Rating only

Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Shan L.
Industry: Accounting

A must-have product for your book management

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Receipt bank is a great tool for business owners and accountants. It archives the supports on the cloud. Therefore, when it comes to an audit, the support could be easily pulled.

Pros

Receipt Bank is easy to track bills and receipts and useful to publish into accounting software. Also, Receipt Bank could assign different roles among users, which saves time for review and approval of reimbursable expenses. Last but not least, it keeps adding features like bank statement fetch, which creates efficiency for bank reconciliation.

Cons

If bills or receipts are denominated in foreign currency, the exchange rate used by Receipt Bank is different from that by Accounting Software. To have a consistent rate across the book, we have to manually refresh the bill date to have a consistent exchange rate.

Kimberly P.

Fantastic. Extreme time saver! Easy integration with Quickbooks

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

I have several clients that I have signed up to use Receipt Bank and they are all satisfied. Customer service is better than their competitors! I look like a hero to my clients that now use Receipt Bank!

Pros

I recommend to my accounting clients as a quick way to get their expenses recorded. Take a picture of the receipt with your phone and auto publish straight into Quickbooks. Game changer for small businesses that still use the shoe box method! It is a very easy integration with Quickbooks online! Very cost efficient for small businesses.

Cons

May not be the best choice for larger businesses with multi level approval of expense reports. I have not signed up a larger client so it may be fine, but I do not think it has this feature.

Jacky W.
Industry: Accounting

Receipt Bank makes accounts payables a breeze

Reviewed on 8/01/2021

Pros

Expense reports allow for multiple line items and attachments to each saving time with reconciliation
Approval tier for expense reports for compliance
Matching invoices/receipts to Quickbooks softare when transaction located makes it easy

Cons

Does not download statements, e-transfer details, or cheque images from financial institution like Hubdocs

Lindsey H.

Reviewed on 5/01/2021

Pros

ease of publishing receipts to accounting software

Cons

price is somewhat expensive for a yearly membership

Guadalupe G.

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Good Experience, It is very easy to use and to connect to the accounting system of your choice.

Pros

sync with my software, wholesale pricing. Great system to be organized and save all receipts to maximize deductions.

Cons

hard to contact customer service, when I have questions is hard to get in touch with them because they are located outside of the US.

Joel N.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Accounting Made Simple with Receipt Bank

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 6/06/2019

The experience so far has been pleasant. Paperwork can be really daunting especially at the end of the month when you have to account for all the business transactions and present accounting and financial report on time. This software basically saves you the trouble by making things simpler and saving you a great deal of time.

Pros

All you have to do is take a photo of receipts and bills, make use of the drag and drop feature and get them into an accounting system for easy and quick reference.

It saves you a good deal of time in accounting. With the OCR feature, you can easily get both the debit and credit card identified when receipts submitted show they have been used for payment. Moreover, you can find out the exact bank account for the debit/credit card used to ensure there's no error when making payment or tracking transactions.

Receipt Bank simplifies bookkeeping in that you can be out and about and still be able to get things into the system without any constraint. This is actually possible thanks to the mobile app that lets you work as normal even when you are on the go.

User-friendly and easy-to-navigate interface. The dashboard also simplifies bookkeeping and lets you gauge or track your customer's activity level from time to time.

It captures accurate info. Just snap a photo and relax. The rest will be handled by the tool.

Cons

Data mining may exhibit a bit of issues sometimes. So it should definitely be checked.

Dickson M.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Receipt Bank review

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

the ability to upload your bills, receipts, invoices and bank statements from your phone makes it easy to work even out of office. This can be integrated into your accounting software that you use seamlesly without any hussles.

Pros

you can use it for free and very easy to use when extracting data that you require and it is a very good fit small businesses and you can do your work at home on your fone, laptop through your email and integrate when you are at work

Cons

It may be costly in the long run if amount of transactions increases with the growing of the business as the cost is related to amount of transactions that you undertake

Industry: Media Production

Saves me so much time and keeps me on top of my bookkeeping

Reviewed on 16/03/2018

Pros

Fast, efficient, and I am always on top of my bookkeeping.
I scan receipts with the iOS Dropbox app and place them in a shared folder. The next day my receipts have been data-mined, and are ready for me to double check before pushing them to my FreeAgent account.
This process shaves hours off my monthly bookkeeping.

Cons

Occasionally there is a small error in the data mining, usually due to a receipt displaying information in an unusual place or style.

Daniel C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Does exactly what is needed

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

It has vastly saved time and effort determining my expenses meaning I can spend more time on real work.

Pros

the software is very capable at image recognition and determining exactly what was charged. It also does a good job of archiving said expenses.

Cons

I think there could be more done to notify the user of the expenses once they have been succesfully processed. I also think that it could do a better job when it comes to determining exchange rates for expenses. It would be great if they could find a way of linking the exchange rate used to the card that is paying, rather than guessing or using a value from another source.

Olivia B.
Industry: Market Research

convenient expenses

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 11/09/2019

Simple to use and convenient, but could be fine-tuned to make it even easier.

Pros

This software has a mobile app which is incredibly useful as you can just take pictures of the receipt while you're out and about so don't have to worry about keeping them safe. the app itself is simple to use, though could be fine-tuned. The accountants at receipt-bank are switched on and will follow-up with any outstanding or incomplete expenses, and answer any question you may have about the status of a particular expense very quickly.

Cons

In the app there are some unnecessary fields that you don't have to fill in, but they are named the same as one which you do, which was confusing at first, but now I am used to it. Also the accountants ask how you paid e.g. personal card / cash, or a company card etc, but there is no option for this so you have to remember to write it in the notes section, which is not an issues, but something to bear in mind to avoid hassle further down the line.
It is also worth noting that the expenses take a while to verify, so submit then and maybe check on it in a day or so rather than expecting it to accept it then and there.

Theodore B.
Industry: Real Estate

Receipt Bank is a Cool Software

Reviewed on 26/02/2019

Pros

Receipt Bank is really a time saver software in term of keeping records of your expenses receipt. Moreover, its integration with accounting software like Xero is very useful.

Cons

Negative points on Receipt Bank is the Invoice "Fetch" functionality that is a very good idea but never worked properly since I am using the software. This functionality is creating more problem by creating duplicates than actually saving time.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10