1,341 reviews
4.6
4.5
1,341 reviews
Tracy C.

A must have tool for me.

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

I've been very pleased. They continue to innovate and I rely on their product every day. Now that I've upgraded to the latest Mac OS and I have the family version I can easily keep all of my info up to date easily on all of my devices and share logins with my family when needed. I'm VERY happy.

Pros

I started using this tool over 10 years ago. At the time I was making a transition from Windows to the Mac. I had already been using a password manager for a long time and 1Password seemed to be the best option for the Mac. Over the years I continued to use the standalone plugin on my single computer. I have recently transitioned to the option that keeps all my devices synced and I can't imagine ever going back.

Cons

There were times when I had to get various versions to remain compatible with certain OS changes. Some of the newer versions of the software were not running on older Mac OS versions. The support team was helpful in getting it sorted out.

Andrew K.

Great Password Vault w/ Extensive Features

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Overall, 1Password has proven to be a very effective and reliable tool for my business needs. Its universal application amongst our team has substantially upgraded our internal security protocols, and its user friendly admin panel through the web browser makes password management relatively simple. I would highly recommend this product for anyone searching for a password management tool.

Pros

This particular password application is available for PC, Mac, and mobile, and I have been using it for all three types of devices. It has structured templates that make it easy to add, delete, or edit existing logins or banking information. Some of it's more beneficial advanced features include the Watchtower, which identifies weak, duplicate, and expiring password, the Password Generator, which allows you to easily create new passwords, and an advances search which can help you identify where specific passwords or usernames are located.

Cons

While the application is conveniently available via web browser, desktop, and mobile application, each format operates distinctly different. The mobile version, for example, has substantially limited features when compare to the browser and desktop app versions. In addition, organizations or teams can only be managed through the web browser version, which means you need an actually computer to add/delete users or edit permissions.

David H.
  • Industry: Publishing

1Password manages passwords and becomes a dashboard for sites

Reviewed on 26/11/2020

Very efficient and easy to use. Saves an enormous about of time. Works well across platforms. Having a web interface with all sites you use regularly has a lot of value in addition to the password management.

Pros

1Password is very easy to use with both Windows and Android. You can also login in from the web and see a dashboard overview of all the web sites that you use and have passwords for. Passwords are easy to pop in and 1Password uses biometric login on Android phone which is quite handy.

Cons

Some apps are beginning to want to use biometric logins of their own which can be irritating since I prefer to limit this to 1Password. On occasion with the Android app, I need to enter 1Paaword app and copy a password and then go back to app where I need it (a few apps won't allow autofill.

Jeremy brand Y.

Does what it's supposed to, but transition between licensing formats is a headache for...

Reviewed on 5/06/2018

Upgraded security and privacy

Pros

1Password is a solid password manager that's available pretty much everywhere. It's been my manager of choice for quite a while after my last job covered licenses for the whole company. In addition to passwords, it also manages identities and payment methods, which makes filling forms out a breeze.

Since leaving that job, I went ahead and sprung for the individual license. Things have been fine up until recently, with their push to 1Password 7. They are clearly trying to move lifetime licensees to a monthly subscription, and it's breaking the software for me in critical ways.

Cons

Despite having a license, the Chrome extension still only runs in "read-only mode" i.e. completed nerfed password tool. Recent updates has made this significantly worse than other password managers on the market. I would have given up long ago had I not already paid for it.

Here's an example: Want to create a 1Password account on desktop to sync and save passwords? First sign in on web! Oh, you'll need an account to sign in. Don't have an account? View this FAQ. The FAQ says, enter your secret key. Oh, the Mac version doesn't have a secret key? Looks like you have the wrong version! You need the membership, which costs a monthly fee. And, surprise, now your extension is in read only mode, hope you don't mind we took that away.

I don't know if it's their weird decision to fork the Mac app store version from 1Password 6/7 (a move done to extract more money from monthly subscriptions, I'm sure), how they are handling the vault syncing with external services or WHAT, but this once solid tool is growing stale, fast.

Response from 1Password

Hi Jeremy Brand,

Thank you for reviewing 1Password!

I am sorry about the trouble with the Chrome extension. Please try to remove it and then install it using this link: https://1password.com/browsers

Let me know if that fixes the problem with the extension for you.

Thanks!

Best regards, Roustem
Founder of 1Password
Toronto, Canada

Nathan V.

10 Years and I still love it!

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Sharing sensitive account information within the company. I love saving it in shared vaults so that those that need it can see it.

Pros

Even with updates, this software has remained one of my “go to” applications for daily use. I use it everyday, for every password.

Cons

Sometimes it can be counter-intuitive to update a password or add to your vault so I’ve ended up with some duplicates over time. Not a deal-breaker by any means. I would rather it be saved than lost.

Justin D.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Helpful for security

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

The software has brought peace of mind and flexibility to our online presence.

Pros

Feeling safe with my online accounts has given me peace of mind and helped me log into accounts quicker and easier.

Cons

Getting the program setup is a bit cumbersome but also you really can't complain once it's done. No complaints!

Carlos C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Convenience and security everywhere you go.

Reviewed on 14/12/2019

I often work on multiple stations. From my desktop computer; laptop; phone and tablet. Each day I have to access passwords for websites or when installing software on different computers.
What I like about OnePassword is that it keeps my access information in one place and organized. I can sync all my passwords with multiple devices and unlock with a master password. It also works with face detection in compatible devices.
I can also organize and save the license information for my software for backup purposes and even credit card information.
This is and essential tool when managing multiple sites and when I'm away from my main computer. It is hard to renumber multiple passwords and it's not recommended to always use the same password for every service and site. With OnePassword I only have to remember the master password and get access to my database. It can also be synced with Dropbox making it easy to update my list of passwords.
No more writing usernames and password on a piece of paper and modifying the list every time there is a change of information.

Pros

*Easy to use.
*Computer and Mobile App support.
*Extensions to use with most browsers
*Access saved passwords from anywhere
*Storage software keys and passwords
*Save credit card information for (Autofill)
*Minimal graphic user interface
*Compatible with multiple operative systems and browsers
*Free trial
*Low license fee with options to upgrade at discounted rates
*Master password can be also set as face detection.

Cons

*When a new major update is released you will need to also manually update your extension in your browsers and in some cases the configuration of the database.
*Integration with Dropbox is not always ideal, but it's a good option to keep a backup in the cloud.
*There is currently no two factor authentication
*Constant updates to keep track of (specially major updates)

Bhavik J.

A Great Password Management Solution for Organisation of any size.

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

My overall experience with 1Password has been very satisfying. The feature set is thorough for personal as well as business use. Also, the teams and business plans are very well priced and involves features like custom roles and groups to organise. Also, it includes an activity tracker which tracks user vault activities that help is better security and privacy.

Pros

The thing I liked the most about 1Password is its availability on most of the popular platforms. It is available on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and even on Linux. That helps a lot when you have an Organisation with different devices. Also, the user interface is very minimal and straightforward and easy to use. It also offers high end security solutions like 2 factor authentication and many others.

Cons

It is one those software where there aren't many things going against it. The only downside to this great app is the unavailability of a free plan. Also, options for sharing is not available in personal plans.

An invaluable password tool

Reviewed on 14/01/2020

I have had an excellent experience with 1Password. I use the mobile version, the desktop version, and the browser version. It has never been easier to keep track of my passwords and ensure that they are unique and complex.

Pros

This password tool easily allows for switching to complex, random, and unique passwords from the traditional approach of using the same easy-to-remember password everywhere. It also makes it simple to retrieve and populate password fields using browser extensions and sharing entire password libraries with other users is a breeze. It will also warn you when a password has been reused on other sites and when it has been compromised and appears on the web in rainbow tables for use by hackers.

Cons

I'm not a big fan of subscription-based products. Why can't I just purchase the software once and stick with that version until I decide it's time to upgrade? That is the way 1Password used to work, but now they've gone to a subscription model, along with everyone else.

Jonathan L.

The Hardware-Software Password Solution

Reviewed on 11/07/2019

Despite their progress toward cloud-based services, we still love 1Password. It's easy to separate personal from business passwords (using vaults) and we're satisfied with the security-it implements TouchID for macOS and iOS. We rest soundly knowing our data is securely encrypted and with the apps we can access our data even without an internet connection (which happens often for us as we travel and work in rural countries).

Pros

My [our] favorite thing about 1Password is that it's hardware-based (as opposed to cloud-only). In our firm, we deal with lots of client passwords that we prefer to have securely handled on our own encrypted servers. 1Password has allowed us to do this and the app is easy to use, works on desktop and mobile, and is frequently updated.

Cons

We least enjoy the fact that 1Password's moving slowly toward being cloud-based. The most recent update of the browser extension now requires a log-in to function. Secondly, through the app experience, we're being asked to upgrade or sign-up for an online service. We've updated more slowly now as a result so we can stay cloud-free for privacy concerns.

Rob H.
  • Industry: Design

So good you'd recommend it to your mom!

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

I've been a web developer for 13 years. The insane number of different websites, tools, software licenses, and resources that I have in 1Password would make even the most powerful spreadsheet software blush. 1Password removes all need to index and maintain these items login items. Visit the website, click the icon and away we go.

Pros

Integration. The level to which 1Password has become part of my personal, family and work is a little scary. I keep any and all personal information in there. Passwords, health records, credit cards, private notes. The list could go on.

Cons

The two versions 1Password and 1Password X threw me a little when I bought a new Microsoft Surface and loaded 1Password on it. I started with X before realizing that I wanted to use v7 with the browser plugin. Other than that though the software pays for itself even time I have to log in somewhere.

Dewey B.
  • Industry: Media Production

A MUST HAVE APP

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

We use 1Password to store passwords for our Adobe, Microsoft, Vimeo and other shared accounts that are accessed by our employees.

Pros

1Password is super simple and secure, allowing our company to store (and internally share) the passwords to our various media and software accounts. The two factor authentication is also great, giving us even more peace of mind when accessing sensitive data. It is also fairly priced. We have tried a few different password storage options and this by far is our favorite!

Cons

I wish that 1Password had some kind of live chat/phone support, as we've run into small issues from time-to-time that took a bit longer to solve than we would've liked. Speaking to a rep over the phone would have made the process much simpler to solve. Otherwise, we love this service!

Rodrigo G.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The best password handling solution for all your devices: simple, secure and well integrated

Reviewed on 2/08/2018

Seamless integration in all my devices, complete control of the information stored, transparent password handling. It is a very recommended software for anyone, especially power users such as businesses.

Pros

The first thing you need in this kind of software is a company you can trust and apps that feel secure : 1Password is basically that. It has an intuitive interface that anyone can use, it is beautiful and well integrated, and by far surpasses the "keychain access" and other built in apps by giving you control of what it stores and synchronizes, and how. I knew of this software because it was featured in one of Apple keynotes some years ago, and you know that when Apple promotes a software (especially one related to security of data) this means business.

Cons

I bought 1password for iPhone and iPad with the old pricing model: buy once and use it forever (I think it was an in-app purchase). I never bought the Mac version because I thought of it as being expensive and the integrated environment for Safari in MacOS didn't justify the price, as I always have my phone with me.
Now that the pricing scheme has changed it makes much more sense to have the Desktop version as well, especially if you are a family or a business. There are pros and cons to the pricing scheme but for some power users (again business and families) it's worth the money.

Guillermo S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Take control of your companies passwords

Reviewed on 5/05/2020

I tend to change the most shared passwords somewhat often to force people to the 1password copy password feature so they don't move it around.
Also when a team member leaves the company i have precise knowledge of the service she has access to and i can change those passwords.

Pros

The integration on my daily flow is just great. The iPhone app works in most of the apps, non-native apps tend to have problems. And in almost all the websites. Also the browser extensions are great. This product has polished the main flows a lot and it can noticed.
On our company is vital to provide access to services so people are autonomous but reducing the risk of them taking the password to another service or when they leave the company.

Cons

You don't get to share passwords between vaults. This causes me a lot of extra work because i have vaults for my company's team and in many cases they have access to the same passwords. I have to keep multiple copies of the password which is a huge pain when i need to change them.
Also the chrome integration broke somehow and i it forced me to switch to Firefox, not so bad because FF is a great browser but i think 1password changes a little too much the way the integration works and now is broken.
That's it

Saves me every time I forget!

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

I love using 1Password because it feels more secure than my previous password storing options and it's quick, simple and easy to use when I need to get a password for something. I am not getting locked out of things as much and I'm finding a way to stay organized, which I love!

Pros

Even though I try to keep my password pretty similar each time I do it, it's sometimes not worth it to guess your passwords on certain sites because you can get locked out. What I like about 1Password is that it's super easy and secure to get in and look up your password for certain software or sites. They have bubbles over the password so that it's not revealed right away and locks you out of the app after 15 minutes. I think it's definitely worth it to have an app like this and I haven't found a better one that 1Password.

Cons

There's honestly not a lot I don't like about 1Password, but the only thing I can really think of is that I'm often wondering how secure it really is. I'm honestly not sure how much it is protected or what would happen if I lost my "master" password. There isn't much information about the app when you login on how they are protecting your information, so that would be nice to know.

Ellane W.
  • Industry: Publishing

Can't function on my computer without it!

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

I can't remember when I first started using 1P, but it was at least 10 years ago. I paid a one-off fee and smugly continued using it without paying any extra even when they moved to a subscription model. I held off and held off…but eventually jumped on-board and paid the very reasonable fee. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! Everything works so much better now, and I am very happy with the support they offer.

Pros

It's smart. It knows when to auto-fill my passwords, when to offer to save or update passwords, and when to keep out the way. It has a simple job to do, and it does it extremely well. When I bought a new laptop, I set it up from scratch and the first thing I set up was 1Password—it made setting up everything else very quick and efficient.

Cons

At first, things were confusing as I had several vaults and versions of 1Password. It didn't take long to find the documentation describing how to consolidate everything, so now it all works well. I wish I could figure out how to turn on fingerprint recognition for 1P 7 though; at the moment I'm having to enter my password each time I want to unlock it.

• Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent app

Reviewed on 24/02/2019

I use multiple computers at work as a developer, and I don't want to compromise my security by writing down passwords - I just put 1Password on those computers.
There are a lot of things I wish it _could_ do better, but they're not necessarily 1Password's problem. Some web sites restrict the use of special characters, or insist on their use (although "nectar,vineyard,oppose" is probably more secure than "/V>kTQnB4BU9", for example), so sometimes you have to alter 1Password's generated passwords by hand. Some websites don't work well with it, and many apps don't integrate with it, so sometimes it is easier to register an account at the app's website on a computer, then later log in, rather than attempt to register on the phone.
I recommend the use of this app to my friends, colleagues and family at every opportunity, but most of them still insist on using the same one or two passwords for multiple logins because its "too much trouble", and the IT department doesn't care.

Pros

cross-platform, effortless syncing, iOS integration. Unlocking with the Touch Bar on a Mac, or with touch on iOS. Sure, now it is a subscription, but the syncing across multiple machines and platforms is well worth it to me.

Cons

It is quite complex, and some websites have weird sign-in procedure which 1Password can't parse properly.

Kaleb-john L.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

1Password Enforces Good Online Security Behavior

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

I enjoy using 1Password to manage account information at work and at home. The ability to use it on any computer or device means that I never have to scramble to locate my passwords or account information. Best of all, only having to remember one password while making all my accounts extremely secure is a huge relief and gives me peace of mind.

Pros

1Password is heavily focused on ensuring security for online accounts and reinforces this notion through its business practices. Every aspect of how 1Password is utilized is very secure from its master password encryption system to providing family accounts for users to use at home. 1Password is extremely easy to integrate into a business and everyone can be brought aboard in a matter of days. It is very simple to use and allows different areas of the businesses to securely manage account information.

Cons

1Password sometimes requires a bit of work when managing existing accounts. Most times it is easier to delete and recreate an item rather than change its metadata or move it between vaults.

Paul Y.

The last password manager you'll ever need!

Reviewed on 22/04/2019

Stop writing your passwords on a scrap pieces of paper and worrying about whether or not your sensitive information is secure on your computer. 1Password stores all your login info and much much more. I would recommend it for everyone. I haven't used any other secure info manager that is this UI friendly and polished.

Pros

I like that it's an app that from a trusted company that truly focused on security for the user (even Apple uses 1Password internally). The software is easy to use and multi-platform, meaning my Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, and Chrome browser all work nicely with each other.

The new family plan allows me to securely delegate passwords and sensitive information to my wife, without the use of messaging apps and email.

Creating different "vaults" lets me organize passwords and even archive older ID/Passwords that I don't need but still want to keep on hand for reference.

Cons

I didn't like that the platform transitioned into a fully subscription model. I'm more of a pay-once and own for life kind of user. However, I appreciate the regular updates and new promises of new features. I pay the subscription fee through iTunes which lets me use discounted gift cards.

I still wish they would sell a life-time license product but I understand that this is the way the market is heading.

Meghan elise G.
  • Industry: Insurance

Maybe the best tech thing I've used in years

Reviewed on 21/01/2019

I haven't had to remember a password (other than the 1) since I got this. I like that it keeps a record of old passwords in case there's ever one of those forms that makes you enter the old one before you can change the password. I've had sites glitch out and 1Password has saved me from the hassle of using "Forgot Password" links to questions or email verifications. I am using very secure, 20 character or more passwords, and I have alerts whenever one of my logins is suspected to be vulnerable. I feel protected.

Pros

I love the face-recognition feature that makes it work so well on my iPhone. I haven't had to remember a password (other than the 1) since I got this. I like that it keeps a record of old passwords in case there's ever one of those forms that makes you enter the old one before you can change the password. I've had sites glitch out and 1Password has saved me from the hassle of using "Forgot Password" links to questions or email verifications.

Cons

The initial set up is an ongoing process as you get all of your daily logins loaded as well as the random outliers. But if you stick with it you will find that it is an amazing product and it saves you all kinds of time in the long run.

Alex K.

Dream come true for managing logins.

Reviewed on 5/10/2018

I've used most of the other big competitors, and I found 1Password to be the most user friendly for both personal and business. If a friend or client still manages passwords in a notebook or some other primitive method, I feel compelled to tell them to stop and start using 1Password immediately.

Pros

Makes it so nice for me to manage hundreds of logins across all the tools I use.
I can setup vaults for each of my clients and save all of their logins during the onboarding process.
Between myself and clients, there's over 1000 logins I would need to manage - can't imagine having to do any other way. 1Password saves so much time.
Super simple to save, edit, and use logins across sites.
Works well on mobile when you need passwords on the go.

Cons

I used tags poorly when I first started and now I have a mess of them. It's tough to bulk edit and remove tags to clean up my vaults, but that's my own fault. Would be nice to be able to clean those up more easily though.

Paul Z.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Perfect for users with a little knowledge, high security and easy access to your passwords

Reviewed on 5/01/2020

In overall a secure online platform, neatly integrated with browsers and desktop, thanks for letting me try your password manager!

Pros

While using the password manager, you don't even feel that you have to think about your passwords anymore, the extensions for the browser to auto-fill the password are neatly integrated.
The price is not high for a small team, but its still the cloud, the passwords are transmitted secure using their javascript tooling, but no secure desktop, keyloggers have no chance, but before the browser is sending the POST to the server, 1password did not convince me of having this part more covered. Looking at other password managers, which are running locally in a secure encrypted process, or shared secure clipboard access with obfuscation via a VM are more like what I was looking for.

But maybe I am going a little to far, for normal usage, its a perfect manager and you don't have to be afraid of anyone be able to access your data from 1password, that's really secure!

Cons

The 1password website is really trying to convince possible buyers why to choose them to manage your passwords, but are not available in the evenings with the chat on Sunday, which is not helping a lot of users I suppose.
Would be nice to see that 1password puts more effort in showing more advanced users why to choose for 1password.

• Industry: Higher Education

Secure Passwords for the lazy

Reviewed on 5/02/2019

Pros

I'm the type of person who, if left to my own devises, would use the same password for everything. In fact I used to until I found 1Password. Now, I only have to remember one password but all of my passwords are very secure.

I used to work at a retail technical support place and I can't tell you how many people how came in after a sudden death of a spouse or partner and had no clue what the passwords to the computers or bank accounts were. I started to recommend a password generator program to people, all people, stating this as a reason. For some reason, this would resonate with people more than getting hacked. 1Password is great for this because it allows for family accounts so you can share passwords.

Cons

Getting it set up and getting in the habit of using it can take a bit to get used to and you do have to pay for it.

Chris G.
  • Industry: Legal Services

The Only Password Manager I Would (and have!) Recommend even for my Mother

Reviewed on 1/06/2018

Pros

Absolute security - nearly a decade after adopting it, not once has it given me pause to worry about security. Sync across multiple platforms and devices. Just behind (thankfully) the cutting edge of technology on the Mac and iOS platforms - right where I want my security app to be. I now have myself, my family, even my mother on a 1Password for Families account which bring a perfect subset of "business" features to the shared family experience. And now we're running with 1Password for Teams at work. I think it's a great value for the money.

Cons

Integrated browser helper not reliable on some of the more esoteric sign-in pages being designed today, but works great on any traditional username/password login page. Needs to continue to improve Windows app to bring it up to par with the Mac side, but version 7 has come a long way to realizing that.

Angus M.

Best Password Manager I've used

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

My overall experience is a good one, it's saved me a lot of stress and time having to my password when I forget it, since I don't need to remember them any more, they are all stored. Id definitely recommend using this for anyone with a lot of accounts on different sites.

Pros

With security and data breaches being a big deal nowadays, especially for people like me who have accounts on tens or even hundreds of sites, security is very important which means not using the same password on every site. As you can imagine, it's a very hard thing to remember multiple different passwords so 1Password makes it super easy which is my favourite thing about the software. You don't need to remember your password for any sites as it will automatically generate them upon signup of the site, and save the login details for you securely, and all you need to do is click login without even remembering the password OR username. It's amazing

Cons

My least favorite thing about using the software was that although for a very minuscule amount of sites, sometimes it doesn't recognize the username and password boxes and you need to manually type in the details.