4.3
Malecia B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Need Help Scheduling?

Reviewed on 1/12/2018

I've used Humanity with Lyft and my current temp job and so far so good.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use and how I can access everything that I need to whether that be my schedule, message board or managers.

Cons

There's nothing that I don't like about this software. I do wish though that at the end of each work week that it would tally up your hours worked for you.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Malecia,
Thank you for the review, we're glad you're having such a great experience! Let us make it even better - you can view your hours in the Time Sheet report (see more here: https://helpdesk.humanity.com/articles/knowledge/Time-Sheet-Report), but only if your employer has enabled the employees to view reports in the app itself. This option is available in Advanced settings in the Account tab. If you happen to need any assistance, please feel free to contact us via 24/7 Live Chat on the website or in the app.

Joseph G.
  • Industry: Maritime

Employee Scheduling Software For Cloud Based

Reviewed on 19/08/2018

Overall it does the minimum we need it to as far as recording our employees time clock but the setup is too difficult for our admins and can provide misleading information.

Pros

Clean layout and organized GUI, Cloud based time clock. You can view your work schedule and request time off and view in real-time who is clocked in or running late. Cool that it reminds you of employees birthdays to bring in the cake and ice cream

Cons

Some settings are displaying incorrect info. From what I understand it doesn't record accrue sick leave and paid vacation is saying 50 hours. It maybe a setting the Admin missed but as a user I'm provided false info. Also, this could be our mistake but lunch breaks doesn't work properly, we manually clock out and in, but we need to be in accordance to the state law of minimum 30 minutes.

Geeta S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Employee Recording and Timelines analysis

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

We would like Humanity to also capture when the particular system is not in use. So if their is no activity on the computer/laptop the user is performing Humanity should automatically go on break

Pros

We had problem in our time to identify the amount of break taken by them and at what time. with Humanity we are getting the report that give us clear picture

Also Humanity has very good option where we can tag people as per region so we know as how many people are logged from which region at given time zone

Cons

Inability to track system in-activity and GEO Fencing for different Regions in world

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Geeta,

Thank you for the review!

We're glad Humanity was able to help track break time for you and give a regional perspective of who's logged on.

As we improve our app, we update our blog with announcements. Check out www.humanity.com/blog for the latest Platform Updates and Product News.

Grateful,

The Humanity Team

Christopher B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great app!

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

I’m a driver and Humanity is the app we use to clock in and out. It’s quick and simple to do and use and in my industry, time is money.

Pros

Very very easy to use. Everything that you need is right there in front of you. You don’t have to navigate thru tons of pages and links to get where you need to go. It’s basic and not over complicated which is what you want on a time clock program. It has never crashed on me.

Cons

The ONLY thing that I have to say that’s negative is that sometimes when I clock out, the app will freeze up or lag for a few seconds. After a few seconds it’ll catch up with itself and do what it’s supposed to do.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Christopher,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review! We built Humanity to cater to the enterprise business needs with its robust features, as well as to be intuitive and straightforward for everyday users. Thanks to reviews like yours, we're sure we're on the right track.

Kevin O.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Time Saver

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

I manage a work study staff of 30+ students at a small college. Their work study job is not their first priority so availability, priorities, and their schedules are always changing. It's really nice to have a software to manage much of the administrative side of things. I upload the availability, spend an initial investment creating the schedule. If I have done my job correctly things pretty much run themselves throughout the rest of the semester.

Pros

Ease of updating availability for employees. Clearly seeing how many people can cover what shift. Ability for employees to drop, add, or trade shifts without me micro managing. Creating multiple classification of jobs to organize the different roles in the work place. Reporting makes it easy to submit to payroll.

Cons

The billing is a bit confusing. They bill based off of per user per month. With breaks and a rotating staff I often end up challenging the original bill I get. Customer service has always been good and responds quickly and makes changes.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hello, Kevin,
Thank you for the extensive review! In such a dynamic work environment, we're glad our app can provide peace of mind with managing different roles and availabilities. As for our billing process, it is set up by default to accommodate the majority of organizations, but, of course, as you have been able to tell yourself, we are always open for discussion in such specific cases such as your own. Our support team is available to you 24/7 via Live Chat on our homepage or app dashboard.

Nothing we've tried is more visually helpful in staffing a 24/7 operation than Humanity.

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

The visual design of ShiftPlanning and its filters do a LOT to help us staff 3 floors of distinctly different functions, all of which have different staffing needs. It also gives us a huge advantage in working ahead on the schedule and tools for averting scheduling 'crises'.

Pros

Visually, we can see who is where. We are never short a staff member in our areas of essential service due to oversight. The filters make it easy to ensure we have the right people in the right roles.
Training modules have made it helpful to ensure everyone is on the same page for certain crucial information.
Most of all, our large roster of on-call staff are easily able to pick up shifts and populate our schedule gaps in real time. Availability tools make it easy for them to be more transparent, and add a level of accountability which has been helpful for management.

Cons

Some of the default settings have been difficult to figure out or work around. If I open up a shift for, say, 3 on-call staffers to fill, but then need to change the hours on one, it can end up changing all three. What started as a convenient short cut becomes a messy fix. That said, customer service and live chat go a long way in fixing sticky problems quickly.

David T.
  • Industry: Media Production

The most ideal service I've found for companies working with contractors rather than employees

Reviewed on 17/04/2017

We have been using Humanity to run the work assignments for a video production business for two years. In that time the service uptime has been flawless. I have never had a time where the service did not perform or was down.

Phone support is the best that I have every encountered. Not only are calls answered quickly but the techs have deep knowledge and have been able to resolve issues in a matter of minutes, allowing me to stay on scheduling tasks.

*** We don't have many employees but use a lot of contractors, who don't get paid by the hour or salary. Humanity accommodates this through it's sophisticated "Work Units" feature. We assign work unit value for each job or task, allowing robust accounting for this type of relationship.

My contractors like the interface and importantly, say that it makes it's notification system helpful as well. As a result, lates and failure to reports are now almost non-existent.

Pros

Robust features closely match my needs for a comprehensive, one-stop service.

Cons

Work units report doesn't allow the shift title, notes, or remote site. I have to manually merge WU and custom reports (shifts scheduled) for each employee, which is very time-consumming.

If I can add a second complaint, I really need to be able to avoid having the system label my contractors as employees.

Edward V.

Great collective scheduling software

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

GREAT PRODUCT! I would recommend this to anyone who is short on time for scheduling. With text message and email communication, by just posting open shifts the schedule almost gets written by its self!

Pros

Mostly, I like the communication within all individuals linked to humanity makes it easy to generate weekly/monthly schedules and find accommodations for call offs. As a scheduler, being able to switch between position view and employee view, enables me to allocate shifts efficiently.

Cons

The only "con" i can really say is it does take alittle time to get use to navegating through the site.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Edward,
Thank you for such enthusiastic feedback! We understand how managing schedules can be challenging in a large company such as yours, and we're glad our platform can bring you added value. For making the most of the app and helping employees with onboarding, please visit our Helpdesk page (https://helpdesk.humanity.com/), or reach out to us via 24/7 Live Chat on our homepage or app dashboard. We'll be glad to hear any additional suggestions you may have - you can send them to [email protected]

Works exactly how a shift planning software should!

Reviewed on 3/04/2019

Pros

Humanity is awesome! It makes scheduling so easy. You can add employees availability, write shifts with built in breaks, and so much more. It's very user friendly and really easy to learn. Humanity also keeps track of historical data and has helpful reports to use in forecasting and budgeting.

Cons

One thing to note is that Humanity is constantly making updates. While that's not necessarily a bad thing (in fact, it's great that they continually improve), it can be a little excessive. Right when you get used to the last update, things change again, so you have to be willing to adapt a lot.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review. We work hard to meet our customers' expectations and have a quick turnaround to customer feedback, which is why the updates are frequent. We appreciate your patience, and we promise to put even more effort to ensure that the updates bring valuable, long-term benefits to your user experience.

Richard O.

Make Today's date a stronger yellow color

Reviewed on 15/04/2017

When my staff or I am tired, we confuse this week with next week because the yellow color marking today's date is too weak a yellow color. Today's date needs to be a stronger yellow color so we notice it. I took a master's course in human factors in design from a current NTSB investigator. The course stressed that schedules, etc must take human factors into consideration.

However, otherwise, Shiftplanning is a great tool.

Just please stop your employees with egos from constantly changing Shiftplanning to look more "elegant." That is stupid management at the top. Confusing icons without visible descriptions have been added as well compared to the original version.

Pros

1) Power to add future schedules by using current ones.
2) Photo check in and photo check out feature.
3) Automatic emailing and messaging to employees of next shift.
4) Calculating out wages.

Cons

1) Too weak yellow color highlighting today's date in Shiftplanning window.
2) Increasingly confusing unmarked and nearly hidden icons and features icons placed all over the screen. Stop with all this increasing "elegance" to make it look more elegant. Makes it harder and harder to use.
3) High cost for a small business.
4) The Humanity phone app does more harm than good as it is designed now. Doesn't work. makes you waste valuable time, frustrating, buttons don't work, etc.

Humanity Review

Reviewed on 6/01/2019

Overall I would recommend this software for a small to a mid size organization. It is functional, however there are much better products available....for a price.

Pros

Humanity is a good tool for scheduling and managing human capital. One of the best features is the ability to look at all of an employees data in one place.

Cons

some of the reporting functions are complicated and the filters do not always allow you to view exactly what you are trying to.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to flag out the difficulties you've had. Please feel free to explore the Reports Overview on our Helpdesk page (https://helpdesk.humanity.com/articles/knowledge/Reports-Overview); for additional questions, you can always contact us via 24/7 Live Chat on our homepage or app dashboard. Regarding the pricing, we would like to point out that we have kept the same subscription packages even though we are continually upgrading our services and launching new features.

Dustin L.

Humanity has been a great way for our company to keep everyone on the same page.

Reviewed on 16/10/2017

Easy to use system for scheduling and time keeping.

Pros

The global scheduling and time keeping is great. We like having everything in one system. The ability to upload files is a great asset as well as the company dashboard for quick communication.

Cons

The mobile app has some limited features that make checking schedules of others complicated. There some occasional issues with the system going down during business hours.

Jim G.

WE have multiple crews on different job sites so this software helps us to keep track them

Reviewed on 20/06/2017

Without this software we would probably have to use a large table and a map with 20 figurines to track up to 6 crews working on jobs all over the country. Each day (or sometimes hour) when I get a call asking for a date to change or the project scope to increase or decrease we would have to dump the table over and start again.

Pros

Visually it is very clear and easy to read. It is also very reliable and we have had no problems. Thanks

Cons

It's definitely set up more for shift work than multiple job coverage. I'm not sure if we will be able to use this if we continue to grow our number of crews

Michelle F.

Good Scheduling Program

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

Good program for companies where employees set their own schedules. Has message boards and notices section. Very comprehensive. Allows employees the ability to swap schedules and request vacation time.

Cons

Not as beneficial to companies that set the schedules for their employees. No way to put notes on the scheduled dates.

Brian A.

My experience is the web version works fantastic. The mobile version needs a lot of work.

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

Ease of use.

Pros

Ease of use. Reports are seamless and easy to use. Clock management works fantastic. The time clock feature helps everything work well together.

Cons

The mobile app needs work. It is very difficult to use the mobile app. I would like Humanity to make this a priority.

• Industry: Media Production

Humanity is simple and easy to use, though it does lack several features that similar products...

Reviewed on 9/05/2018

Pros

I like that it is simple and easy to use and that the app functions very similarly to the desktop version.

Cons

In it's simplicity, it lacks several features that other products like Bamboo HR offer. Compensation and employment history would be a great feature. It also is not integrated with a payment system like Bamboo is. It would be nice to have my paystub sent through the same software that I use to log in and out of everyday.

The other thing is that you can not edit your vacation request once it has been submitted. If the dates change you have to delete your request and resubmit.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hello, thank you for your feedback! The services our application offers and the improvements we bring on the regular basis are more focused on scheduling. But because we know how important HR services are to our clients, we offer integration with Bamboo HR (you can read more about the integration here: https://bit.ly/2wGyYY1).

Khristian H.

Humanity is very user-friendly, making it easy to learn!

Reviewed on 5/01/2018

Pros

I love the tabs at the top of the page -- makes it easy to navigate between dashboard, schedule, time clock, etc.

Cons

Occasional glitches with the software -- time clock issues, logging in or logging out, making sure you're under the correct name.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi Khristian, thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. We would like to know more about the occasional glitches so we can improve your experience with our app. Can you please contact our support at [email protected] and they will be delighted to help you with these issues? Thank you for your time.

Natalie L.

Just a little thing

Reviewed on 14/04/2017

The only thing I wish that could be changed is the words be in black on all blocks, white is hard to read

Pros

The ease or working with this

Cons

Like i said the ony thing is the blocks having white instead of black

Vanessa L.

Enjoyed. My Staff Like it

Reviewed on 17/06/2017

Cuts down my work time of staffing. Emails are wonderful reminders. the sign in and out feature helps with payroll.

Pros

Love the repeat Shifts and how you can move staff around with out redoing all the work. The email reminders are convent also.

Cons

Wish you could print off a one page calendar to post in the place of work. Some times we have and error emails in regards to shifts.

Hannah P.
  • Industry: Farming

Work Place Shiftplanning

Reviewed on 27/02/2019

My experience with this was checking my shifts. I added my basic information but other than that I didn't input anything. I loved having it on my phone.

Pros

I like that I can have it on my phone and on my computer. I will put my shifts in a nice day to day list and is color coded on what position I will be at. It was easy to ask for a day off. I loved that you could see weekly along with monthly. I could look at just my sections shifts along with seeing everyone else's shifts.

Cons

I haven't experienced any downsides in the two years that I have used it.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Hannah,
Thank you for being our loyal user and taking the time to leave feedback! It's very encouraging for our team to hear such praise.

Mare D.

Humanity - great improvement to setup schedule & real time updates from our previous Excel...

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

Pros

Ability to set available time for individuals and thus the ability to see who is available for shifts and plug them in to maintain the coverage we need. Dashboard to see how is currently on. We haven't deployed it out to the staff themselves yet but when we do I anticipate the ability to notify not making a shift and requesting someone to cover for them is going to be a plus over the current email notices being used today.

Cons

We would like to be able to see the ability to make more global changes -- such as highlighting all staff to make a global change. Secondly, ability to set overall open hours for the business.

Amy D.

Community Pool - perfect for lifeguard and snack bar staff scheduling!

Reviewed on 18/08/2014

We started using ShiftPlanning in 2014 and love it. As a community pool, we have limited funds, so we had been managing schedules with pen and paper. Until now. One of the board members found ShiftPlanning and it has exceeded our expectation on many levels. ShiftPlanning not only manages the daily lifeguard, snack bar and front desk schedules, it also allows staff members to trade shifts; to "give up" and "grab" shifts that come available; tracks vacations; allows us to require staff to sign-in at the pool which serves as a time stamp for clocking-in/-out of a shift; downloads hours to Quicken (and other financial reporting apps) for payroll; allow us to send e-mails to specific types of workers. Additionally, the customer service at ShiftPlanning is very supportive, responsive and professional.

Pros

easy to use; lower cost; fantastic customer support; great value; robust; flexible

Cons

Can't think of a con. Only comment is that ShiftPlanning was difficult to find - we had to delve deep into Google search to find this app. Glad we persevered.

J. gary T.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Many options, very flexible, solves a MAJOR scheduling headache

Reviewed on 29/03/2016

If you have multiple locations, with multiple shifts, and multiple workers with specific skill sets. if you need to know who can work a specific location and who can't. If you need to know the availability of your resources. If you want your workers to be able to clock in using their phone, or be sure they are clocking in from a specific geographical location. If you want employees to be able to offer up their shifts to only equally qualified employees.

I could go on, but you get the point. THIS is the application.

Pros

Price
Flexibility
Options

Cons

Complex. Took me three tries to get it implemented they way I needed, but my use case may be unusual.

Harley P.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Moderately good app

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Pros

Easy of use
Fast with few glitches
Gps tracking

Cons

no option to manage days offs request (should maybe to trade schedules with other coworkers

Jovana V.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Humanity Works Well for Humans in Nonprofits

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

Though not the most intuitive, it is not too complicated either. We decided to give it a try because we are after some good scheduling tool for our small organization. So far, it is fulfilling the purpose.

Pros

It is affordable and can save you a ton of time! Makes scheduling easy and adjusted to your needs! Since working from home now, being cloud-based is a huge plus.

Cons

I have still much to explore, but so far the mobile version has been the only downside I've noticed so far.