Time Tracker Reviews

Time Tracker

4.4 (3,003)
Track time for payroll, billing and productivity.

(3,003)
4.2/5

Sujit Kumar
Sujit Kumar

Nice tool for creating a good working culture

Reviewed on 20/09/2022

It has been very easy to use since now. I do like the softwares which improve the productivity of the team and our brand. Keep adding new features.

Pros

I have been working with the team for the ongoing projects. Keeping track of each every activity was going tougher. The day since I started using time tracker, Tracking was very easy and workflow become smooth.
Highly recommended.

Cons

I don't count any cons but I do have some suggestions to grow the users.
They should charge lesser and they needs to work more on billing and invoicing.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

Not productive at all.

Google Forms
Arielle

Owl Bookkeeping Time Tracker Review

Reviewed on 23/01/2023

Overall we have had a great experience with Time Tracker. It offers everything we need to run our business smoothly and keep our team and clients happy. It has been an integral part of our process as far as time tracking and invoicing.

Pros

We love this software because it helps is really capture time spent on a client. We used to struggle with people rounding their time up which was not an accurate representation of time spent on that client. Clients would get upset, understandably, and now we have been able to bill them the correct time spent on their account.

Cons

The only thing I can think of that I don't like about this software is that sometimes even though something is set to be non-billable, the billable box will still be checked off. Other than that, it has been a wonderful software for my company.

Diana

Simple, easy to use.

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

A remote entry time sheet from each employee that syncs easily with Quick Books. It's simple and easy to use.

Pros

It links very easily to Quick Books. Their customer support has improved over the last year. They provide mobile access and links to Outlook.

Cons

Initially their customer support was terrible, but they have improved over the last several months.
You can't set the order in which the service items appear. The largest issue, and reason we are seeking other time sheet services: employees enter their time on the honor system and in a lump sum. Ebillity provides the option of the employee 'clocking in and out' but it's cumbersome: you can't switch service items or projects easily - you have to log out of the current one and then log back in. Ebillity doesn't allow for a time sheet approval process. And you can't specify limits of access to certain employee time sheets, (that would provide a supervisor access to the time sheets of their subordinates). Trying to print a particular time sheet is difficult and the layout is undesirable: large font that turns a single time sheet into several pages.

Response from eBillity

Hi Diana!

Thanks for the great review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy that Time Tracker has been a good fit for your company!

We are happy to let you know that a lot of the features that you said you wanted which we don't have, such as an approval process or access permissions, we do actually have! We would love to help you out and teach you how to use these features! Please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about.

-Alex from eBillity

Time trackers are flexible and Increase Productivity

Reviewed on 13/01/2024

Additional Time trackers can also help with setting realistic objectives, finding productivity patterns, and honing time management techniques. They provide a data-driven method for figuring out where time is spent, which enables improved decision-making and workflow optimization

Pros

Time trackers are flexible instruments for managing and keeping track of time allotment. They can be used for project management, teamwork, individual productivity, and even hourly charging of clients. The ultimate objective is to increase productivity and learn more about how people spend their time.

Cons

Billing, project monitoring, and productivity management are three frequent uses for time trackers. It assists people or organizations in keeping track of and making the most use of the time spent on jobs, projects, or activities.

Claire
  • Industry: Online Media

Easy and Effective Time Tracking with Time Tracker

Reviewed on 8/04/2023

Overall, Time Tracker is an excellent time tracking software. It is simple to use and provides a lot of useful features. It makes it easy to keep track of time and manage projects.

Pros

Time Tracker is an incredibly user-friendly and intuitive time tracking software. It is so easy to use and makes tracking time for projects a breeze. It also provides lots of useful features, like setting milestones and tracking progress.

Cons

The only downside to Time Tracker is that it doesn't offer any integrations with other software. This can be a bit inconvenient if you need to combine data from different sources.

John

The right fit for our team and business

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

Our previous Time tracking system was home-grown and slow for rapid entry of tracked time entries. The Outlook integration features have cut the time entry activity by at least 75%. Users keep up with their time throughout the day, so near-realtime insight into the activity of the team is readily available. Previously they would wait until the end of the day or end of the week to enter time, so progress was difficult to monitor. Support has been responsive and helpful, so most any issue we encountered is solved or logged for future enhancement

Pros

We work on multiple client projects through the day. Most consultants track their time in their Outlook calendar and transfer those times to our former system on a daily or weekly basis. Time Tracking in Outlook, assigning that time to clients and projects in one action and synching with the online portal has made an extremely tedious, non-value-added activity a simple and non-intrusive task in our consultants' work days and has already paid back the cost in added productivity.

Cons

Reporting functionality is limited and somewhat archaic and doesn't match our measurement and tracking methods. Exports of the Time Tracker data through the API has allowed us to measure our consultants and business in the way that we choose to. I would prefer a method to customize the fiscal calendar/fiscal periods for reporting, but again, we have handled this through export of the data and imposing our fiscal calendar on the data for meaningful reporting.

TimeCamp and BigTime

Reasons for Switching to Time Tracker

Cost, features, ease of implementation, Outlook Integration, API for data retrieval.
Garth
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great software for timesheets/getting time entries to accounting software

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

Great, our company entered time manually on paper time sheets for over a decade and this has allowed us to save time, money, and allow our managers/owners to cut back on people entering in more time than they should and actually understanding how much time is going to what jobs.

Pros

The ability to segment users and managers is essential to our company's structure. Being the administrator and having the ability to go in and fix any user's time sheet is also great.

Cons

The mobile app needs improvement, specifically when entering in time. Don't put the billable toggle down at the bottom because when a user is entering non-billable work they should have no customer. Therefore if the user is going to enter non billable time they will always get a confusing error message unless they go to the last item on the mobile app to toggle off billable first. Also it would be great if there was a feature that forced the app to sync with the database automatically.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to Time Tracker

Price and the fact that it had features that Tsheets didn't.
Brian

Time Tracker by ebillity Review

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Between 8-9 because I think this Time Tracker has the potential to be built upon.

Pros

The ease of putting your data into the system.

Cons

I wish there were a "reports" option inside the *app for use in iphone, ipad, or andriod phone with going to a desktop.

Also, I would like to see if a communication hub such as slack to communicate to ALL users at once. That feature would need to be used inside the *app.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to Time Tracker

More economical and the addition of the expense tracker.
Brett
Brett

TimeTracker by eBility review

Reviewed on 7/09/2018

Overall, we have been very happy with TimeTracker in our business, and would recommend to other companies seeking a time tracking solution.

Pros

We use Timetracker in our business to record employee work time. I like that we can create different jobs and allocations within the software to specify where employees record time and to what project or job. I also like the rich reporting features and the ability to access employee "time cards" from anywhere that has an internet connection.

Cons

The one thing I like the LEAST about this software is the web interface's tendency to become mixed up and VERY difficult to use after resizing on the screen. There are sizing "handles" top bottom and left right of the actual time entry form. This form can be dynamically stretched and adjusted to fit the screen of the monitor an end user is using. Unfortunately, on smaller monitors, the form itself gets mixed up and entry blanks shift all over the screen when adjusting form size. Fortunately, this issue can be fixed by a simple "reset" of the form back to standard. It's more of an inconvenience than issue.

Response from eBillity

Greetings. Thank you for the glowing review you left for using Time Tracker by Ebillity. We are always striving to make our product better and we are available to assist you in the future. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns you'd like to leave us, please feel free to give us a call at 800-851-0992. Thank you for your time and business.

Ibrahim
Ibrahim
  • Industry: Banking

Track yourself like never before

Reviewed on 27/12/2023

Overall experience was great, easy to use and reliable

Overall experience was great, easy to use and reliable

Pros

The app is easy to use and it solved a huge problem for me. I was wasting lots of time without noticing and it was hard for me to calculate time spent in certain tasks in my job to increase my productivity and since I used this app I found it easier for me to manage my time in a better and more effective way honestly.

Cons

It sometimes bug and start calculating time all over again

Michael
  • Industry: Media Production

Great, Inexpensive way to connect to QuickBooks

Reviewed on 18/01/2023

An inexpensive way to accurately track your billable time and quickly get that info into Quickbooks.

Pros

We use Time Tracker in our video production company to track billable hours for all invoicing. This includes editing time, purchasing stock footage, equipment rentals, shoots, etc. All of this information needs to be accurately conveyed to Quickbooks in order for us to bill our clients appropriately.

Cons

Being a web-based product, there are sometimes when the software is down and you can't access the time tracker. This can cause us to lose track of billable time.

Irene

Time Tracker review

Reviewed on 31/12/2021

Time Tracker was a good option for me as a freelancer. I used it for a while since it was the tracker my client at the time favored and had no real issues when working with it. I did not stick to it mainly because as a freelance I adapt to the needs and preferences of every client and not all of my projects require a tool as rich-featured as this one, but other than that had no issues with it.

Pros

- Easy to use, takes no time to get started.
- Does not require training.
- You can track time for different projects and clients.
- Dashboards are clear and useful.
- Helps to know how much time is spent on each project and client.
- Clients can easily see how time was spent and what are you charging for.
- Automatically saves time entries.
- Helps to see which tasks take longer, evaluate productivity and performance.
- Can be used in multiple devices.
- Allows to easily correct errors.
- You can download the app or use the web app.

Cons

- Did not love the UI. The design could be improved.
- Several features I did not understand nor use.
- It is not complicated to learn how to use, but some things could still be simplified.

JENNIFER
  • Industry: Accounting

Works great!

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

It has helped us to keep track of our employees and where they spend their time, keeping records of job-sites w/uploads like photos, billing for services and notes on properties.

Pros

Cons

It can offer more, like client support, but they are very good because they listen and get things done, like a Spanish version!

Fritz

I never needed any customer support and I don't know how much the software costs.

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

Paid.

Paid.

Pros

It's the only computer software I have never needed help with. It keeps it simple.

Cons

That I have to fill out my timesheet on a computer -- period. I'm just pure old-school. I have no complaints, and want no gift or future surveys.

Reha
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Simple and straightforward time tracking software.

Reviewed on 30/12/2022

To log in, plan projects, manage tasks, create weekly and monthly calendars, track time and spending, and more, use TimeTracker. The nicest thing about time tracking is that it makes developers stay on target by imposing stringent time constraints. The client can check the developer's track record. It is easy for the customer and the coder to see through it. The greatest timekeeping programme is what will change our company. We will literally spend less time on administration and more time producing money thanks to online time tracking and billing. It is a professional way for our company to measure time and cut costs at a reasonable price.

Pros

I like how simple it is to categorise your time with this software—it only takes a few clicks.I also appreciate that you can submit your time without doing it all for specific days of the week. Additionally, the layout of the website is generally user-friendly. It isn't very weird or intriguing, but it is doable. Utilization is simple and uncomplicated. It carries out its intended function. You can make billable service items and track how much time you spent on each one. I manage my schedule, work, and projects with Time Tracker. The information gathered can be used to compute payroll and expenses. Additionally, any issues you have can be resolved by TimeTracker's customer care.

Cons

It functions properly, however occasionally there are glitches that require you to re-enter data. I can't comment from firsthand experience, but I've heard that the software's administrative interface can be confusing.

Samantha

We have had great success using this software. Easy to use, provides great, basic features.

Ability to work remotely

Ability to work remotely

Pros

This software, while not as fast as working in QB, we have a lot of information at our disposal when not working from the office (where we use QB desktop). This has really been key in being able to have one person enter time, run reports, etc. when someone else is using the company file or if we are working remotely. The customer support team is FANTASTIC. We have an issue when we first set up our account and they were amazingly helpful. Informative, but not requiring us to do all the work to fix the problem. It took probably a couple of days, but really was a smooth experience. They are also responsive when we have quick, short questions. They make the overall experience nearly painless when dealing with technical issues.

Cons

The software is slightly slower than QB, which makes sense. One of the bigger frustrations is the inability to change items after they have been approved. We can change them in QB, but they'll never update in ebility. We have to do this a fair amount due to how we handle some of our prospective clients before they become a job. It makes the reporting feature less accurate. Other than that, there are a few features in QB that are not offered here, but that is not a major deal. Showing what items have been billed vs. not billed. The report window/feature could also be streamlined a bit more. It's a little clunky, but overall not bad. This is all of course based on our use.

Patrick

Simple time tracking with a few power-user shortcomings

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

While the hour entry interface isn't perfect for power users who want to tab through fields quickly & efficiently, it's as good as if not better than competitors. This is more than made up for by the features & ease of use of the product and its price.

Pros

Time Tracker is dead simple to setup and use for tracking time. Works great for consultants and contractors keeping track of time worked for multiple customers. Reports are simple to execute and offer a reasonable variety of types.

Cons

It is difficult to navigate the hours input screen with a keyboard, i.e., tab between fields. It requires use of the mouse for optimum navigation. This is time consuming for power users making bulk entries.

TOGGLE, Harvest and Clockify

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

Time Tracker integrates perfectly with quickbooks online and our other reporting systems.

price, simplicity
Teri
Teri
  • Industry: Design

it's glitchy, but it's easy for my employees to use

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

I have less data entry work to do because my employees are responsible to enter their time sheets. We used to have hand-written time reports that I had to enter into Quickbooks daily. No more!

Pros

my staff often works on the same projects over the span of several weeks. the ability to copy their previous time sheet and then make amendments as needed is a real time saver for them and makes them more likely to get their time in by deadline with very little follow-up (prodding) from me.

Cons

Any changes that I make to the timesheets do not sync back to the cloud; client jobs that are closed still show up on the app that my employees see and that confuses them

Response from eBillity

Hi Teri!
Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product.

Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help!

-Alex from eBillity

Kris
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Time Tracker a good product for a small company

Reviewed on 19/01/2023

Not using paper time sheets and having to manually input that information into Quick Books is an enormous time saver and ensures greater accuracy.

Pros

it replaced very cumbersome paper time sheets with a product that connects to our accounting system and allows us to easily create payroll and invoices within that accounting system. The customer service is responsive and knowledgeable.

Cons

One feature that seems to have broken in the last year is the connection to Quick Books. It now has to be manually enabled every time we need to connect them. We don't know if this is an issue with Time Tracker or Quick Books, but given our terrible issues with QBs for over a year now, we suspect it might be on their end. Also, the new template does not allow for good PDF printing - I have to change it to "classic" to save the time sheets as PDFs for our files.

Nathan

Simple & Straighforward

Reviewed on 3/12/2018

Overall, I have had a great experience with Time Tracker. It's simple, and easy to learn. Adding new project names and numbers is fast. Exporting useful and detailed reports is great. I have had a good experience overall with the software.

Pros

I like the simplicity of it. Everything is organized neatly in rows. It is a very straightforward layout and it's easy to learn. I am able to quickly train new hires in the use of the system and there are rarely any follow-up questions on how to use the software. That makes my life easier as a manager. I also love the report generation feature. We do a lot of field reports, and those are sent to the client separately from the billing process. I love being able to export a comprehensive report of what has been billed and comparing it against the reports that have been distributed. That makes staying organized a lot easier for me.

Cons

I took an overseas trip and only had access to the software through the app on my phone. I found it very tedious to make entries through the app. I have employees who work in the field and who could theoretically save themselves office time if they entered their billable time directly from the jobsite. However, they have struggled through the process of using the app while on the go also, and have resorted to recording their time in their field books and then doing a bulk download from a desktop setup. That process is working, but it is not idea.

Response from eBillity

Hello Nathan.

Thank you for using Time Tracker by eBillity! We greatly appreciate your time and business in using our product. The feedback you have provided is greatly appreciated as we continuing to improve our product.

If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please give us a call at 800-851-0992 at your earliest convenience.

Thanks again!

Trian
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Time tracker for everyone

Reviewed on 17/08/2022

Pros

Has assisted us with overseeing following our representatives time consistently this beyond couple of months. A decent device could auto at any point track and physically input time so it's most straightforward for workers for hire and representatives to make some exact memories table. I love the way that everything is refreshed on the web, continuously. Very easy to use, and numerous choices to assist with setting it up the manner in which you would like for your business needs.

Cons

I figure the connection point overall might have been more current, essentially when we utilized it. We wound up changing to another apparatus ultimately. Adds something else to your day to day things to check, yet toward the end it's useful. I believe having this tools is great.

Michele
  • Industry: Medical Devices

I am the accountant and find it does everything I need, we utilize it fully

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

I think the product is working very effectively for us. I would not change anything!

Pros

I love how it integrates with QB so easliy, love how it brings over complex transactions such as customers and jobs, service items, payroll items, class tracking, etc. I also love the chat function and have had nothing but excellent service!

Cons

that some of my employees find that the mobile app does not work that efficiently. in the past (not recently) have had syncing errors which caused delays.

Response from eBillity

Hi Michele!
Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product.
Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app:
IOS:

Zuzana
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Has the right features but it's expensive and app is glitchy

Reviewed on 6/02/2023

For some of your customers a sales person is not needed. It was nice to get someone contacting me but some applications are more simple. I just need my employes to clock in and clock out, to approve the timesheet and import to Quicbooks. In my opinion $60/month for 4 employees for these features is too much.

Pros

Integration with Quickbooks is the main reason I use the software. The mobile app for my employees to track time.

Cons

I have used previous early versions of this software for years and came back to it when I needed it. But, for what I need there are a lot of unused features that are challenging to opt out of but regardless I pay for. There should be less expensive version without the extra features that I don't need in my current application, reimbursing, invoicing, customer selection, etc. (These are needed when tracking lawyer time, but not in my manufacturing setup). Setup would be easier to navigate and perhaps the app would be less robust and glitchy. I frequently deal with employees having issues with the app. Freezing up, needing re-install or amending incorrect entries because of the glitches. This costs me my time and their time. This is the reason that I am looking for an alternate solution, and when it presents itself I will likely switch.

Andy

Great Add On Product for Quick Books Time Keeping

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Time Tracker has been a Godsend for our company as we grow Nationwide. The ability to gather time from over 100 employees and have billing ready to go at the beginning of the month with a simply sync, has really helped our Company.

Pros

The ability to connect via download the time sheets from multiple employees at multiple locations throughout the Country has made this product very useful for us. As our business grew, it was impossible to just have each person enter their time directly into Quick Books, let alone expose the Quick Books data base to improper entries. To be able to keep an employees time sheet up to date from any device with an internet connection was vital. It has made our time keeping and billing much, much simpler.

Cons

The reporting feature is a little wonky. A little more polish on the front end to easily explain the options would be great. This is not a big stopper of the program however. Should not deter anyone from using the product.

Barbara
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great special purpose program

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

Time Tracker provides a good overall framework for billing clients. It syncs with Quickbooks which I am able to use to produce bills directly, bypassing a separate billing/accounting program. This has proven to be a good solution for my small law firm at a reasonable price.

Pros

As a lawyer it's very simple to keep it open and track time from anywhere

Cons

Quickbooks integration used to be wonderful, but recently the syncing with Quickbooks has been spotty. It may be because Quickbooks recently introduced a new field and Time Tracker hasn't quite figured out where to sync the information from. However, when we contacted support about the syncing issue it took them days and days to even get back to us, much less fix the problem. Luckily they were able to eventually fix it, but when you rely on a software program to keep track of time for your livelihood this is incredibly frustrating. However there are not really any good standalone time billing programs out there.