QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Write a Review!
Accounting & business management for small businesses

4.2/5
4.3/5
4.3/5
4.1/5

Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara

Streamlining Your Finances with QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reviewed on 16/01/2023

Overall, QuickBooks Online Advanced has been a valuable tool for our business. The user-friendly interface and automatic data backups have made it easy to use and the advanced reporting and inventory management features have provided valuable insights into our financial performance. While there are some limitations, such as limited customization options and higher cost, the benefits of this software outweigh the cons for our business.

Pros

As a user of QuickBooks Online Advanced, I have found it to be a reliable and user-friendly accounting software for our business. One of the biggest advantages of this software is the user-friendly interface that makes it easy to navigate. This has been a huge time-saver for my team, as we don't have to spend hours trying to figure out how to use the software. Another great feature of QuickBooks Online Advanced is the automatic data backups. Not only that, but also the advanced reporting and inventory management features have also been a great asset to our business, allowing us to track our inventory in real-time and generate detailed reports on our financial performance.

Cons

One of the downsides of QuickBooks Online Advanced is the limited customization options for invoices and purchase orders.

Leah
  • Industry: Law Practice

Truly great program

Reviewed on 8/06/2023

It has been an overall positive experience. Our old program was clunky and really was not designed like move modern programs. Quickbooks Online Advanced is truly a great product.

Pros

I like that everything is easy to use and intuitive. We swapped from another program and were able to jump right in and start working immediately with little to no training.

Cons

The only issue that I have with Quickbooks Online Advanced has to do with the integration with Clio. The issue happens when you write one check to a vendor for multiple client matters. It ports them over to Clio as one entry. Other than that everything works perfectly.

Simon
Simon

The road to hell is paved with good intention

Reviewed on 12/04/2022

Overall, if the execution of Quickbook online would have been as good as the idea, its probably the software we would be using, but the execution is to me really terrible and we feel that the customers support really do the least to help out.

Pros

What Iiked the most about the software is the idea of having everything under one software, Quickbook is a great ¨idea¨

Cons

We had such terrible experience with customer support. It was hard to talk to anyone and when we did they never tried to understand our situation or context. It was an experience we wish we never had. Also once you start to use all the capability of the software you start to find all kind of limitation. We are also very disappointed that our business was not eligible to use the integrated payment processing module inside the invoice, this is the main reason we went back to our previous accounting software, Wave.

FreshBooks and Sage 50cloud Accounting

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because we wanted to take advantage of Quickbook Online advanced features.

Wave

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because its the one that the accountant prefer the most here in the province of Quebec and the one that on paper seems to offer the most.
Shrijana
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Excellent Accounting Assistant

Reviewed on 10/04/2024

This is great accounting platform which save time & money to get best result.

This is great accounting platform which save time & money to get best result.

Pros

All aspects such as invoicing, reporting, sales tax....

Cons

This is perfect for us and can't remember of any cons as of now.

Robert
  • Industry: Utilities

Surprised that I like Quickbooks Online

Reviewed on 24/11/2023

I knew I would have a learning curve after using Desktop Premium. That learning curve was shorter than expected and I am now considering features such as expense receipts. I will compare to using Expensify (which I dislike, but is used by several staff). I am always able to find workarounds and/or strategies to do what I want to do with invoices, reports, bills, and reports. I haven't fully explored the reporting features yet, though the immediate needs are easily met.

Pros

As I become more familiar with navigating through QBO (this software), I have come to like it much more than a previous version which I used briefly a few years ago. I like this software and have had only minor and temporary adjustment issues after converting from Quickbooks Desktop Premium.

Cons

Surprisingly, I don't have any strong dislikes. My navigation and use habits with Desktop had developed over several years. I can do everything in the Online version though I spend longer at this point. The new habits are quickly decreasing the extra time I initially spent. I found that I can have a few browser windows open so I am not constantly going back to a previous menu item. That was a major issue initially, and is now a minor annoyance at times.

Kerry
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Quickbooks Online not all it's cracked up to be, Desktop version is much better

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

Customer service has been terrific, however so many problems with online. I used the desktop version for over 20 years and the online version is littered with problems that customer service was unable to solve. Hopefully as time goes on it will become a better product.

Pros

The ability to use it remotely and store everything in the cloud

Cons

The reporting features are awful. Unable to get the same or even similar reports with necessary information as the Desktop version

Sage Accounting

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Needed to have a program that could be used in the cloud

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Ability to receive it with a non-profit discount through Tech-Soup
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Revolutionize the Way You Manage Your Finances With QBO

Reviewed on 12/02/2023

Pros

I love how it is user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy for me to manage my finances without having an extensive background in accounting. Also, I can access my financial information from anywhere, at any time, as long as there is an internet connection.

Cons

There is nothing I liked least about QBOA.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because Quickbooks Online Advance offers a wide range of features, including invoicing, expense tracking, and reporting, allowing me to manage all aspects of my company's finances in one place.
Claire
  • Industry: Media Production

We love it and use it almost every day for our business

Reviewed on 24/11/2023

We love Quickbooks Online Advanced and it’s the only option for us when it comes to our tax prep, invoicing, bookkeeping and getting paid.

Pros

We love how easy it is to coordinate with our CPA, invoice our clients, and get paid easily and quickly. We tried so many other options and this was the obvious choice for us.

Cons

It is a very busy dashboard and menu system. It may be because we don’t need all the functions for our business, but it has a lot going on when you first log on and before you learn exactly what you need.

Kaitlin
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Mad at Quickbooks

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

We are very displeased with Quickbooks Online and will be looking for another program.

Pros

We liked Quickbooks Desktop, and Quickbooks is discontinuing that program, so we were forced to switch. The thing we liked most was not having QuickBooks onlinr.

Cons

QuickBooks desktop is nothing like Quickbooks online. They may have well been written by completely different companies and the learning curve is impossible.

Sarah
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Less Is More

Reviewed on 6/08/2023

Overall, it's an amazing product however FreshBooks is another product I like as well.

Pros

It allows more users, which is amazing for me considering I am beginning to look for more help; easier for me to transfer or integrate my current data to my current subscription and it automatically handles a lot of things for me based off the last time things were updated!

Cons

Definitely leaves you without control in some ways and I have ran into a few minor issues as far as the security and software.

Kevin
  • Industry: Hospitality

The one stop software for any Business

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

I am currently learning how to better integrate my time keeping services with quick books and I am overall happy with the transisiton

Pros

This Software is absolutely essential to my day to day operations.
From the ease of use in payroll services, tracking inventory, combining all purchase and financing accounts and creating invoices for all of my customers I could not be happier with Quickbooks.
What I really love is that software is always adapting and improving to help with more and more essential tasks, and if I don't know how something works there is always a Webinar/Customer service agent/video to give myself and my employees the tools they need to meet any accounting challenge.

Cons

The only two issues I have had is with compatibility with the payroll time clock services I would like to use, and this is more personal preference than anything else. I would like to see more options for bio metric time-clocking services than is currently available. the second is the saving of last used dates in the software meaning you have to be vigilant when making invoices or printing checks (I have lost a ton of checks this way)

Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Quickbooks was the obvious choice for us when choosing our accounting software because it was easier to use and had a fantastic importing option for older invoicing and books.
Eugene
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

QB Online Advanced - A must have for todays business landscape

Reviewed on 5/05/2022

Overall QuickBooks online advanced is a excellent product without which our business would not run as smoothly I highly recommend this product to any small business.

Pros

It is very easy to use and does not require an enormous amount of training. I especially like being able to integrate directly into our electronic data interchange system as well as our bank. QuickBooks online advanced really brings all of the useful features together to create a platform that helps our business run smoothly.

Cons

Although the help section is very thorough, it is not as easy to navigate. I wish there was an easier way. The graphic user interface could also use a little bit of improvement in terms of placing of features to make them more intuitive.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks online advanced had significantly more features and more visibility into our business.
Richard
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Quickbooks Online for Aircraft Maintenance

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Pros

Quickbooks Online allows us to streamline our accounting process as well as inventory tracking. Our customers love to be able to receive estimates and invoices online as well as pay online. With unlimited chart of accounts and excellent reporting features we are able to monitor the pulse of the company daily.

Cons

If you are not an accounting guru, have access to an accountant or you do not understand debits, credits and accounting concepts you are going to feel lost. There is an extreme learning curve for small business owners who go from physical books and spreadsheets to Quickbooks Online. Once you learn everything you will find the software very helpful, but when you first get started odds are, you're going to inadvertently make a big mess of your books until you figure it all out.

Sara

Efficient and Insightful

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Since switching to QBO Advance our company has not only been able to work efficient and effectively but also pinpoint trouble areas both within our financials and bookkeeping. We have been able to work towards correcting and improving these areas. Overall, we are very happy with our experience thus far with QBO Advanced.

Pros

There are several features we find extremely convenient, including, the ability to directly connect our bank accounts, remote access to our software, and the at a glance profit and loss for projects. We also find the project feature to be the most useful and enjoy the hourly cost rate within projects to be extremely insightful. A final area we find extremely useful is the user permissions feature within QBO Advance; this feature has given us the ability to broaden our users and therefore increase our workflow efficiency without sharing our financial data.

Cons

We have found the payroll add-on to be difficult to work with, specifically, distributing the different pay rates because our employees get paid different wages when working on government jobs as well was when they work overtime. Overtime does not seem to accurately pull from the time cards and pay appropriately for overtime. We also wish more payroll data had transferred when switching from desktop to online.

Katherine
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

QuickBook Online Advanced Review

Reviewed on 9/11/2022

Overall my experience has been mostly positive. There was a major issue earlier this year where the one account we used was not allowing me to pay for the service. It said my accountant had billing rights, but he wasn't getting bills either. We would randomly and for days at a time not be able to access this one account at all. I would call and call and each representative that I talked to had different "solutions" but none of them worked. One even told me that our entire data was gone because we didn't pay the bill and we would have to start a new account. It was pretty ludicrous. It literally took about five months to get it resolved when finally, the last of about 13 reps that I talked to did what really needed to get done to fix it. Just seems like they're not on the same page as far as knowledge of this software.

Pros

For the most part, this software is user friendly. It is organized and efficient and keeping my accounting and bookkeeping for the company on track.

Cons

There are several things this software does (or doesn't do) that make it a bit cumbersome. For example, there are certain accounts you cannot load into vendor details because it's not a "cost". But we have "cost of sales" and that is one of our biggest used account but I cannot load it into vendor cards just because it's not a cost account. I don't like the way the reconciliation works. I don't use the automatic feature because it makes it harder than it's worth when I have to go out of the menu altogether for it to register that something that automatically "reconciled" is to be accounting for.

Charles

Quickbooks Review

Reviewed on 5/12/2022

Experience has been great and very professional so far!

Experience has been great and very professional so far!

Pros

I loved how automated my invoices and billing became using quickbooks. I enjoy the professional look and easy use of the platform. It made it also easier to build and make expenses report. The customer service was also really good as I was able to schedule a call within the first 5 min on the website

Cons

Right now, I need a bit more experience on the platform. However, I would say that the price are decent and good for what I am using. Nothing negative to say about the platform.

PayPal , Square Payments , Cash App and Venmo

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Better price and it fit my business more

PayPal and PaySimple

Quickbooks Online Review

Reviewed on 4/08/2022

Overall for bookkeeping and accounting this software is simple to use as long as you don't use other features like processing payments.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and use. Interface is nicely laid out. Reports are easy to find and prepare.

Cons

You are not able to create multiple invoice templates with different company names ie. one company with a numbered name and another with the business name. Also you have no control over online payments. Quickbooks will give you a chargeback but they won't release any info on the transaction so best not to use them for your online store. Use another service.

Zoho Books

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

My Accountant recommended Quickbooks.

AccountEdge

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Recommended by my accoutant.
Tammy

It's All About The Extras

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Pros

QBO Advanced includes the analytics through dashboards and Fathom. These are powerful tools and very useful for management. The Enhanced Custom Fields are valuable for our company as we are able to capture information that can be kept in QBO with the client instead of having several spreadsheet to keep this information. The Customize Access By Role is helpful for us because we are able to then develop UI from our software into QBO allowing our developer to have access to QBO but not have access to the entire company file. Feedback is very vital for us the user. As we find something that could make our jobs easier, or a way of getting information out you can always enter the feedback in for Intuit's development team to review. I have experienced that some feedback has been addressed, which adds value for us because we know that the software is becoming a tool that will do all that we need it to do.

Cons

We lost a couple reports when we converted over from desktop, but Intuit is constantly working on enhancing the software.

Debi
  • Industry: Banking

Disappointed in QB Online constant updates

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

It has been beyond frustrating working with QB customer service to add back a column on a report that was removed (probably accidentally in June 2023). I want to see the NOTES field added back to the Customer export and have reached out to numerous supervisors and have been told many times it will be added back. It is now 10 months later and the field has not been added back.
I have provided "Feedback" numerous times as well.
Super frustrated with the customer support team not taking steps to fix this.

Pros

It's important to access QB from different computers/locations.

Cons

I have provided "Feedback" numerous times as well.
Super frustrated with the customer support team not taking steps to fix this.

Eric

As a General Contractor I wouldn't recommend

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Frustrating

Frustrating

Pros

Nothing really. We used to have QB desktop and it was pretty solid, but it was clunky for our remote accountant to access the desktop version (possible, just challenging for only our accountant or we could be on the desktop version at a time). Otherwise it the desktop version was great.

Cons

Where do I start. Customer service knows 'zero' about the construction industry hence can't relate to questions regarding simple things such as sub-contractor W9 and certificate of insurance (COI) storage. QB desktop has a place for input of COI storage with the addition of 'reminders' when a sub's COI expires. The online version has nothing for this (and this is a big deal for a growing general contractor - keeping track of COI manually is a huge pain). Also, when adding a project (location) for an Existing customer one would think you could go into an Existing customer profile to create a new project - but no, you have to create an entirely new CUSTOMER to do this, when all you are doing is adding a project to an existing Customer. It's baffling. Our accountant also doesn't like QB online and commented it was designed by website designers - not accountants. I agree. We're looking for new accounting software.

Samantha

Mandatory for Business

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

It has been good. The price is a pain, but you get a ton of features even if you dont use every single one. We have enjoyed using QBO for years and will continue to use the service.

Pros

-The customer service is on point every time. They are super helpful and can help you with errors and questions of any sorts. Any time I have had to contact them, they are quick and helpful. They also are kind!
-New Features added all the time

Cons

- Wont save the date to the actual date. It saves the last date you put in, which can be a really huge error later if you didnt change the date and went about your day.
-Prices tripled and they did add a ton of features, they arent really used by my size company and we had to get the upgraded version for ONE feature we use, which feels like waste

Sue
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

My experience with quickbooks has been very positive.

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

easy to use and teach
makes our ability to do work very easy

easy to use and teach
makes our ability to do work very easy

Pros

easy to use
easy to teach
functions are compatible with our organization's operations
Allows a lot of customization for reports

Cons

not cheap
tech support is too expensive
some updates are not necessary. Seem to occur just so it can be said that it was updated.

Response from Intuit

I want you to have all the info you deserve about why support incurs a fee and the reasons behind updates, Sue. While many subscription-based products have support included in the monthly charge (like Online), our standalone Desktop products are billed once upon purchase. Instead of charging more for the product itself, the price is kept at a lower rate by offering advanced support separately. There's more about support plans, and what you can still get without them, at https://community.intuit.com/articles/1501198. Additionally, the need to upgrade the program, and discontinue older products, is a decision predicated on the assurance you will receive top of the line software and support. As older products are retired, all attention can be given to the most secure and feature-laden service on the market.

Before I forget, thanks for reaching out with your review. Happy filming to you and your team at Rehoboth Beach Film Society, by the way. Break a leg!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Affordable, realiable and easy to use

Reviewed on 28/11/2020

Accounting made easy even for those bookkeepers or accountants new to the software.

Pros

QuickBooks for nonprofits can handle small nonprofits and large ones as well. The system is easy to use and QuickBooks has a ton of guides and videos to help begins with just about anything. Truly accounting made easy, not to mention the dozens of app integrations available.

Cons

My only complaint is when calling customer service, I have been helped by representatives who know less than I do about their program. I just hand up and call again to talk to someone else.

Ali
Ali

The best accounting software

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

Quickbooks is the most popular accounting software for small businesses and entrepreneurs. And for good reason! Quickbooks makes running your business easy, which is why it's so popular amongst entrepreneurs. Using Quickbooks made my accounting so simple. I love how I could sync everything to my phone and never miss an invoice or payment.

Pros

QuickBooks is the best accounting software for established businesses and startups. It offers the best tools to make sure you always have the most accurate financial data possible, no matter what. And their technical support is second to none!

Cons

Ability to send invoices via text messages

Response from Intuit

Hi, Ali, and thanks for writing your review!

We're so glad to hear that QuickBooks has made managing your business financials so much easier! That way you have more time to do what you love!

If you have any suggestions on features you think would make QuickBooks even better, please don't hesitate to send them over for our Developers review by using the 'Feedback?' icon in-account, as this is how we improve upon our products.

We appreciate you being part of the QuickBooks family!

-Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Noura

Love QuickBooks Online

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

It has been great. It took a little bit of time to get used to switch from desktop to online. Initially I didn't like it as much as the desktop, but got used to it fairly quickly.

Pros

Easy to use. Great customer support with multiple ways to contact support. Helps us track our company easily. Has everything our business needs.

Cons

The app is a little different than the web version, which throws me off sometimes when I am used to doing things a certain way using the web version.